• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: opinions on quantum leap brass?

Share/Bookmark

opinions on quantum leap brass?

hi
    i have just discovered a blow out sale on sound on sounds

and i put my attetion on quantum leap brass

i already own GPO but i sometimes used some brass section in pop/rock tracks (so not "classical" oriented)

accordin to you, would it be a nice addition to my setup? are these brass a good addition to GPO, or do you think that i can rely on GPO only?
    one of the inteerest of QLB are the sax section, an instruments for which i own no samples. i would use them maybe to create brass section, along with trumpets and trombones... i don't think i will be able to program a convincing solo sax line! ;-)

another question to point out is the programmin: i have kontakt2 and i will import the akai programs, but i think that i will have to do my own custom programming (following GPO standards...) a HUGE task!! ;-)

is there some one who can tell me if there are any articulations, or can post the complete list of patches (even in PM)?

and... to conclude... in order to have some convenience in the bought, and to amortize shipping costs, i'd add also these libraries:

Drum'n'Bass Const/Kits AUDIO

and
    Electronica AUDIO

do you have some informatinos about those?! :-)

thanks!

Re: opinions on quantum leap brass?

My only QL is RA, which I enjoy quite a bit. Sorry that I can't help you with the libraries you are considering...

Care to share any more info about where this "blow out" sale is occurring?

Thanks.
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

I've ordered QL Brass myself

The sale is on the sounds online website under "clearance".

"Electronica" sample CD is pretty poor. And that's not coming from some orchestral guy; electronica is my main influence (in it's various forms).
    Basically, if I remember correctly it's mostly loops, and not drum loops, cause they might have been usuable, but loops consisting of drums, bass and 3 or 4 synths. So, it's very hard to use them in a track unless you build a track around the loop. Oh, and the loops don't sound that great either, if memory servers well.

OMG I just looked, it's $20!

Get it.

I use QLB in Giga format. It has some definite weaknesses, judged by current library standards, but plenty of strengths too. For this price, it's not like you need to know it will be your ultimate library for everything, is it? Even if you have to work around its shortcomings, you'll definitely get more than $20 worth of good use out of it!

The Giga version has loads of different articulations and special effects, but I'm not sure whether the AKAI version has all the same ones.

I could go into more detail about the library's good and bad points, but really there's no point - for this price, its a no-brainer.

Question Re: opinions on quantum leap brass?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Giga 3 will import Akai S5000 sample files successfully? I know Giga has something called "Sconvert" for importing Akai samples but I can't find what Akai formats it will handle. QL Brass is a great deal for $20 but does anyone know where to get it (at a deal price) in native Giga format?

... and would there be an advantage to purchasing such a disc in "Akai" format as opposed to "wav" format... or vice versa?
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

A quote directly from the Giga Help File:
    "Keep in mind that the SConverter converts programs and samples from both S1000 and S3000 formatted CD-ROMs"

No mention of S5000.

A cheap way to get a decent converter is to get wusik and then the discount for wusik users for Extreme Sample Converter - i think i ended up getting that for about 39 bux and it does s5000. Between that and K2, i think i'll be ok with the brass i also just ordered last week (although it hasnt shipped yet so my bet is theres a stocking issue or somethig similar)

steve

I just got the QL brass and can report that it imported to Kontakt2 with no problems. Mac version.

I'm not blown away by the sounds out of the box (i.e no tweaking Kontakt programs yet) but definitely should be worth the $20 + $15 S&H.

Just got mine also. What I like is that they're very dry!

Go Back to forum