• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Memory of Mike Kovins, Advocate of Music Education

Share/Bookmark

In Memory of Mike Kovins, Advocate of Music Education

It is with sadness that we received the news of the passing of Mike Kovins. Music education has lost a faithful friend. Mike was a passionate, life-long advocate of music education, technology in music education and the music industry. He was a founding member of the Technology Institute for Music Educators (TI:ME), and member of its board of directors and advisory board.
    KORG USA STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF COMPANY PRESIDENT MICHAEL KOVINS.

Korg USA mourns the passing of company President Michael Kovins. Michael, who worked with the company for 26 years, served as Korg USA President for the last 14 of those years. A respected music industry figure, Michael was diagnosed with Leukemia nine years ago and fought the battle for his health with courage and dignity. On May 2, 2006, Michael passed away at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in Manhattan. The family is holding a private remembrance service and has requested that in lieu of flowers, a donation in Michael's memory be made to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. He is survived by his wife Katherine.
    We mourn his passing but rejoice with the legacy of music education that he has left with us.

Re: In Memory of Mike Kovins, Advocate of Music Education

Although I did not know him, my condolences go to his wife and family, and to those at Korg.

Thank you Gary for posting this.
    Dan

Unhappy Re: In Memory of Mike Kovins, Advocate of Music Education

Man, how did I miss this? Mr. Kovins will be missed deeply by all in music education. My condolences ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum