• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need VST impulse reverb for giga/K2?

Share/Bookmark

Question Need VST impulse reverb for giga/K2?

Hi all, I'm in the process of building my templates and need a VST Impulse reverb for GS3 and K2(if that's possible). The obvious choice for me is Gigapules since i mostly want to mix SI with VSL and already have some IR of the Sonic Temple witch would make it easy for me to bring VSL into SI's mix.
    I would like to be able to use those IR for the reasons I've mentions, can those IR be use with other reverb ? Is Gigapulse as good as any other Impulse reverb out there?.. Cause i never heard great reviews about it to be honest ...Altiverb is out of the question for me at $600(unfortunately). What about wizzooverb? Vozengo or something? Are those power hungry? How many instance can be use on a average Pc?

Sorry for all the questions but i have no experiences with Impulse reverb other than the ones that came with GS3 ens. lib..

Any suggestion/info would be appreciate.

P.S. I'm on Pc BTW.

Question Re: Need VST impulse reverb for giga/K2?

Are you counting out SIR?
    http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Thumbs up Re: Need VST impulse reverb for giga/K2?

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    Haaaa! Thanks for showing up and thank you soooo much for making free software for poor bastard like me who wants to remain legal... Actually i didn't forget SIR, i just forgot to put it on my list, it was late i was tired...I already downloaded SIR in a free download fest 2 weeks ago , but didn't use it. I have to admit i kind of overlooked it being free and all ...But you showing up will make the deference, i ''will'' try it!

One question(or two) can i use it in gigastudio? and can i import gigapulse IR like the ones by Larry Sayers from the Sonic Temples? Does it come with IRs? or if you have a link for free IR would be great!

One more question: does it take into account left/right placement if you know what i mean ?...Sorry for all the questions but SIR has been on my mind for a while and the questions that came with it.

Thank again!...I will understand if you cant answer my questions and meanwhile i will go and reed more about it.

GerOOOnimOOOOooooo..........

Re: Need VST impulse reverb for giga/K2?

O.K. I've done some reading and have fewer question now.

I see Cubas is well supported and since i own Cubase SE(witch is base on SX2 ''i think'') i will have no compensation problems. I also know where to find IRs thank you!

But i still have a question '' if '' you have the time, do you think i can use it in GS3? With compensation? I'll leave with it if i cant... Also, do you know if i can import gigapulse's IR?

P.S. I see you have work on Wizzooverb. That's good to know cause i was very please with the demos I've heard. Good work!

I've also check Tobybear's link, you German fellows are so smarth...

http://www.tobybear.de/products.html

Thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    But i still have a question '' if '' you have the time, do you think i can use it in GS3? With compensation? I'll leave with it if i cant... Also, do you know if i can import gigapulse's IR?
    Why not try it out in GS3? It should work. A VST is a VST is a VST... It can import any wave based impulse, but not special formats...unless you convert them. SIR works as well as a number of other impulse reverbs. I have done tests...
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo
    Why not try it out in GS3? It should work. A VST is a VST is a VST...
    Well, giga being flicky, i just wanted to avoid potential problems...it just crashed on me yesterday...but i will try it after a made a backup image just in case.

It can import any wave based impulse, but not special formats...unless you convert them.
    That's great and I'm sure it will be more than enough.

SIR works as well as a number of other impulse reverbs. I have done tests...
    Wow! that's really reassuring to hear, especially from someone who knows about this stuff. Plus i just saw someone i respect a lot recommend it on an other website and it's like the forth times that happens so, that's good enough for me.

I cant wait to try SIR now...yaoo!! shopping is over...i hate shopping, especially when i don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks again for everything, you're very generous.

P.S. I'm sorry if i had dough at first, i guess I'm not use to get cool stuff for free....I didn't mean to insult you in anyway.

Geronimo.

Go Back to forum