• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drummer of choice?

Share/Bookmark

Question Drummer of choice?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just for grins. If you were to form a group, out of all the famous drummers that you could choose, which would be your first and foremost choice and why?

For myself (as a drummer / concussionsist) I would choose Alarocka Bubblegum the famous tabla player.
    Styxx

Re: Drummer of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Just for grins. If you were to form a group, out of all the famous drummers that you could choose, which would be your first and foremost choice and why?
    The trouble with talking about drummers is - there are too many different styles.

I like Ginger Baker and John Bonham. Ginger Baker on the recent Cream concert at the Albert Hall was terrifically good still. Bonham was a hard case drummer. Fantastic power.
    I like the drumming on that Diana Ross track written by the Bee Gees - I forget the name.
    I like the drummer(s) that used to play on the Tamla Mowtown records - things like The Supremes records or I Heard it Through the Grapevine style drumming is also good.
    I liked Keith Moon and Ian Paice. Moon was better than he acted.
    Charlie Watts - I like his style over the years. He played a lot better than he mimed.
    I liked the Blondie drummer quite a bit.

I thought Carl Palmer was a terrific percussionist all round and he kept them together very well. Great technical drummer. The bloke from Yes was a good drummer.

Animal.

Who Else?

I like the drumming on that Diana Ross track written by the Bee Gees - I forget the name.
    I like the drummer(s) that used to play on the Tamla Mowtown records - things like The Supremes records or I Heard it Through the Grapevine style drumming is also good.
    Without checking first I would say you are talking about Hal Blaine who was a great studio drummer of the 60's and more and was instrumental on many songs of that era.

OR! - Bernard "Pretty" Purdie
    Styxx

For Jazz....Max Roach.
    For Brasillian.......Airto.
    For Rock....... who cares. Get some monkey, shave off the body hair, teach it to walk upright, and give it a pair of sticks.
    It has worked for me in the past.

regards Joe

Go Back to forum