• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and GVI together in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO and GVI together in Sonar

Is it possible that GVI will run in Sonar with GPO VST? Does anyone have any information about this compatability question?

DM

Re: GPO and GVI together in Sonar

I don't have any inside information, but I would strongly assume "yes". With so many copies of GPO sold (how many, I wonder?), that's just *gotta be* one of the compatibility tests that they run.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I don't have any inside information, but I would strongly assume "yes". With so many copies of GPO sold (how many, I wonder?), that's just *gotta be* one of the compatibility tests that they run.

-JF
    You'd think so, but maybe they don't want anything to be compatible with GVI......! Certainly GS3 doesn't really like any other buddies to play with :>(

D

Is Tascam planning on adopting a security/registration model for GVI similar to the NI model? If so, that might interest vendors like Gary in releasing a GVI version of their libraries. Personally, I'd prefer not to run multiple sample engines concurrently, even if it did work. Its really a service that I'd rather prefer to see in the OS.

Howard

I've been running GS3 (in rewire)and GPO together on the same machine for a long time without any problems. I would imagine that GVI would work even better on my setup. At least I hope so.

Smile Re: GPO and GVI together in Sonar

Thanks for the replies. That's good news. I heven't tried GS3 in rewire along with GPO - hopefully GVI will be even more stable. I'll try it in rewire with GPO in the interim.

Go Back to forum