• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Can anyone varify this?

Share/Bookmark

Can anyone varify this?

Hello the forum,

I was told by a computer builder, certified by Tascam, that Giga3 and Cubase SX can run together on the same dual core machine (which they built for me) ONLY in rewire.
    Does that mean I have 8 ports with 8 channels for 64 tracks? Isn't that where I started five years ago with GigaStudio 96 with 4 ports and 16 channels?
    I really hope someone knows how to make this work without rewire - anyone? Please?

jamiha

Re: Can anyone varify this?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiha
    Hello the forum,

I was told by a computer builder, certified by Tascam, that Giga3 and Cubase SX can run together on the same dual core machine (which they built for me) ONLY in rewire.
    Does that mean I have 8 ports with 8 channels for 64 tracks? Isn't that where I started five years ago with GigaStudio 96 with 4 ports and 16 channels?
    I really hope someone knows how to make this work without rewire - anyone? Please?

jamiha
    Have you tried Giga VST adapter? I believe that there is demo, so it might be worth a look. I have used it in conjunction with FX-Teleport and am able to use 16 channels on all 8 ports.

D

Thanks Daryl,

It's nice to know a way out. I don't have FX teleport but will look into it if I have to. I will look into Giga VST adapter. I write orchestral music with samples now.

thanks again,

jamiha

Thanks Daryl,

It's nice to know a way out. I don't have FX teleport but will look into it if I have to. I will look into Giga VST adapter. I write orchestral music with samples now.

thanks again,

jamiha
    GVA ought to be perfect for your needs.

D

I'm still unsure *why* this would be the case. If you have a GSIF audiocard (and I know that you do), Giga should work - unless the mobo or video card are incompatible.

You might post your detailed hardware specs to the thread Systems that Work, and note that yours doesn't. At least not yet! http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=25063

-JF

Jon Fairhurst,

Done.

thank you,
    jamiha

Bump=

I need help on this. Anyone?

jamiha

Using Cubase SX and GS3 Orchestra on the same PC with rewire will give you 8 ports with 16 channels each for a total of 128 midi channels.

Paul

Hello the forum,

Who's that Pc builder? There's a good chance he knows what he's talking about.

If you're talking about GS3 Ochestra you have access to 8 ports with 16 channels per ports so 8x16= 128 channels.

In ''theory'' it can be done but you will need both a multi client soundcard + some kind of midi patchbay(virtual or physical) to make Cubase/GS3 talk to each other. The problem you will probably run into is that Cubase will probably monopolyze the soundcard and might not want to share it so you wont be able to hear both software. This is probably why your Pc builder recommends using rewire mode.

In case you want to try this here is a free midi patchbay that could do the job(use at your own risk), i have no experience with it myself so i can not recommend it.... http://www.midiox.com/

Here is an other software(midi patchbay) that ''might'' do the job. It's call MidiOverLand(MOL) http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm It's ment to work as a midi patchbay between multiple Pc but can be use on one Pc ''I think''. I recommend using XP SP2, i didn't have much success on SP1. For information ask this guy: MusicLab Support <supportbox@musiclab.com>

I personnely prefer using physical midi interface(midi patchbay) like the usb Motu midi interface cause it's plug and play and so easy to use but it's more expensive...

I'm curious, why not using it in rewire mode? Here is my advise: ask your Pc builder why only in rewirer mode and if he has a similar to mine-you might save on aspirine .

I hope that helps.

Anyway, let me know how it turns out.

Good luck!

Geronimo.

Hello PDK

Thanks for the response. IN the Rewire window, the default box showed 64 channels. I didn't try changing it, not knowing it was changable.

Geronimo - you seem to be on all the music sites, where do you get the time? Thanks for jumping in here. At the moment, the blue screens do not seem to be a midi interface problem. The chain is all M Audio - a keystation to midisport interface to Delta66 sound card. The samples sound on both the giga keyboard and the external keyboard.

I do thank you all for the input.

The starting guess is that something is disrupting the memory. On the last crash, everything on the audio drive evaporated = nothing left there.

For those out there that understand the technical explanations ( I do not),
    her are a few samples , three or so that came up several times.

BAD-POOL-HEADER - OX 00000019
    Seems to be caused by Filespy System
    Seems to be caused by ew.sys

PAGE FAULT_ IN_ NONPAGED_ AREA - OX00000050
    (occurs after loading instruments into Giga when trying to save the Giga performance -(showing at least five times)

FILESPY.SYS- Address F7 BDO 3CL base at F7BCD000, Date Stamp 42b313e7

BAD POOL CALLER - OX000000C2

ERROR SIGNATURE - OX00000002

MEMORY MANAGEMENT - OX0000001A

CLOSING WINDOWS - OX0000008E

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - OX0000000A

(Hah - see any favorites up there?)

Blue screens, smiling at me, nothin but blue screens do I see... God that sounds familiar!

Hanging on by finger nails,
    jamiha

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast