• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Since updating to K2.1 GS3 will not start!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Since updating to K2.1 GS3 will not start!

I have no problems with K2.1. Works well.
    But since I updated K2.0.2 - my GS3 will not start!
    Do you think, they have routine installed to prevent GS3 from starting?
    Bahhh!?
    Since I bought Vienna Instrument from VSL I do not work with GS3.
    But in any case, I have to work it out soon.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Re: Since updating to K2.1 GS3 will not start!

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    I have no problems with K2.1. Works well.
    But since I updated K2.0.2 - my GS3 will not start!
    Bahhh!?
    Since I bought Vienna Instrument from VSL I do not work with GS3.
    But in any case, I have to work it out soon.

All joking aside, my Giga PC took a big dump a day after I installed K2.1 and they are not even on the same computer!!! Total C drive failure.... Had to restore the system drive and re-install Giga... which I'm currently doing [sigh]

T

I'm feeling with you.
    For this case I have allways prepared a clean C-drive image saved with Acronis True Image.
    Takes only 15 minutes to restore it.
    I can strongly recommend it.

I'm feeling with you.
    For this case I have allways prepared a clean C-drive image saved with Acronis True Image.
    Takes only 15 minutes to restore it.
    I can strongly recommend it.

Amen to that! Acronis has saved the day for me many times. Besides routine weekly backups, my SOP now is to save an image before and after installing any new software. I can't tell you the number of times that some new program causes trouble that can't be rectified by simply uninstalling it. But, you can always recover by restoring the image made just before adding the new program. XP Go Back (which should provide the same service) has too many holes in it. Let's hear it for Acronis True Image .

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Ja!
    What I have had to learn with True Image is: check allways the integrity of the archive file after backup.
    3 month ago I wanted to restore a image after a malfunction & the backup file was corrupt! A desaster.

I'm glad to here that, for some reason i didn't trust that type of software, especialy with GIGA... But know you guys have convinced me.

+ it's only 50$ .

Hopfully you guys can help me use it when the times come caus i"m a computor dummy...

But i WILL remember this:

Jovan
    check allways the integrity of the archive file after backup.
    BTW my frien has been bugging me for years with gost ect.but he doesn't use music sofware...I cant wait to see him braging.

Thanks guys!

Ja!
    What I have had to learn with True Image is: check allways the integrity of the archive file after backup.
    3 month ago I wanted to restore a image after a malfunction & the backup file was corrupt! A desaster.

I haven't had any of those problems since V8 but I always run the verify to be sure. Since I have two removable hard drives, I do all my backups to hard drives (as opposed to CDs ,etc).

And, Geronimo, Acronis is much nicer to use than Ghost. Even disaster recovery (when your OS is corrupted), has a fairly friendly Linux GUI to work in, not DOS as in Ghost (unless they have improved it since I saw it last).

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

And, Geronimo, Acronis is much nicer to use than Ghost. Even disaster recovery (when your OS is corrupted), has a fairly friendly Linux GUI to work in, not DOS as in Ghost (unless they have improved it since I saw it last).

Bob
    Thanks Bob! And thanks again for the script , didn't have the chance to use it yet, but shure will!

Hello,
    In answer to that :
    "But since I updated K2.0.2 - my GS3 will not start!
    Bahhh!?"
    I can say I have the problem that GS3 start but can open a lot of things ( Like memory problem) So what I did : I dissable ( ignore) all the Kontkat*.dll I found im the steinberg/vst plugin so now GS3 is like before. I used for this the gigastudio configuration ...but you can also do it in a notepad in the file Gigasampler_bfx.ini (blocked Plugins)....
    Insert lines like
    pluginxx= c:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Kontakt2.dll
    idem for For Kontakt2_8out.dll and so on
    Hope it can help you
    Best regards

Sorry for staying on the subject of True Image, but I have a question: how big is the image it makes? is it the same size all the files on the drive it makes the image of?

Go Back to forum