• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Share/Bookmark

"The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

I am pleased to present this Gofriller Solo Cello demo that was composed and performed by Giorgio Tommasini.

It was played entirely in real-time using controllers. It was not assembled or pieced together the way traditional samples are usually done or edited after the fact.

Here is the first demo of the upcoming Gofriller Solo Cello:

Ambient Version:

MP3: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demoBastyr.mp3

WAV file: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demoBastyr.wav
    (Using a Bastyr impulse from the Upcoming Real Spaces)

Intimate and Close Version:

MP3: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demo05012006-dry.mp3

WAV: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demo05012006-dry.wav

What is remarkable about this demo was that it was played in real-time.

The dynamics, the changings in playing techniques, the onset,speed and intensity of vibraro were all performed on-the-fly. Like the Stradivari it uses exclusive Sonic Morphing technologies to allow real-time performance.

Gofriller cellos are regarded as one of the best cellos ever made, and are highly sought after. Many of the most famous cellists have preferred cellos by Mateo Gofriller, a renowned Italian cello maker form the early 1700's.

This is a work in progress and we're getting close to completion. We'll be posting more demos (including videos) soon.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

That is so mine! I'm still freaking over my Strad and now this. That is so rich and full - what a sound!
    I don't know what else to say except that this Cello and my Strad are the best sampled instruments I have yet heard.
    Wow!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Wow!! And wow again!! Can't wait to buy it!!

Thumbs up Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Yeah - WOW - I want it too. Did I forget to say "WOW"?

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Amazing - and like Strad a new approach that should, in the long run, prove ascendant.

Very, very fascinating!

At 0:35 I hear a resonance an octave down at the D ... artefact or intended?

Hannes

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    At 0:35 I hear a resonance an octave down at the D ... artefact or intended?
    Besides that it would fool me - even more than the Strad! Awesome job, everybody!!!

That sounds incredible. Played in real time too. Stunning!

Sounds amazing Gary! Now I'm 3 libraries behind with you . Anyone have a winning lottery ticket?

Thumbs up Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Superb! I can't wait to get my hands on it as well.
    Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast