• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Share/Bookmark

"The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

I am pleased to present this Gofriller Solo Cello demo that was composed and performed by Giorgio Tommasini.

It was played entirely in real-time using controllers. It was not assembled or pieced together the way traditional samples are usually done or edited after the fact.

Here is the first demo of the upcoming Gofriller Solo Cello:

Ambient Version:

MP3: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demoBastyr.mp3

WAV file: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demoBastyr.wav
    (Using a Bastyr impulse from the Upcoming Real Spaces)

Intimate and Close Version:

MP3: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demo05012006-dry.mp3

WAV: http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Cell-demo05012006-dry.wav

What is remarkable about this demo was that it was played in real-time.

The dynamics, the changings in playing techniques, the onset,speed and intensity of vibrato were all performed on-the-fly. Like the Stradivari it uses exclusive Sonic Morphing technologies to allow real-time performance.

Gofriller cellos are regarded as one of the best cellos ever made, and are highly sought after. Many of the most famous cellists have preferred cellos by Mateo Gofriller, a renowned Italian cello maker form the early 1700's.

This is a work in progress and we're getting close to completion. We'll be posting more demos (including videos) soon.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Oh my...

WOW!!

This is amazing! You guys have done it again!!

... and that's an understatement!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Very, very, veeeeeery GOOD!!!!!

As always. Another excelent product to add to the Garritan catalogue. I can't wait to hear the Garritan Real Spaces, the K2 player versions of Strad and this one, and, of course, what you all know.

I'm saving money for all those sonic gadgets which will improve greatly our music.

Thanks for all Gary!
    -Dani-

Thumbs up Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

Geezzzzzz, mannnnnnn, geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, cripes, god, geeeeezzzzzzz, oh my, ............................................ Awesomely

When is the release for this bad boy? I have GOT to take this to the studio next visit!
    Styxx

Looking forward to getting this...someday...

Will solo viola be next?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Looking forward to getting this...someday...

Will solo viola be next?
    No! No! No! Gary promised Solo Flexatone and Solo Taxi Horn next. Viola can wait!
    Styxx

I think the vibrato is really fast. I assume the vibrato speed will be controllable like the Strad, and that the speed we have heard here is pedal to the metal.

Sounds excellent Gary and Georgio!

Dan

as a notation-programme user, I have only two things to say:
    1. the demo sounds wonderful.
    2. unless it's usable in a notation programme I have no reason to get excited.

(I see no reason to "learn to perform" a virtual single instrument in my work. maybe there are others for whom this is a valid option, but it isn't for me. unless the Stradivari and Gofriller are usable from a notation platform they are of absolutely no use to me ... despite sounding wonderful)

Thumbs up Re: "The Gofriller Cello" by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato & Gary Garritan

OK, the run down. Correct me where I am wrong.
    GOS
    GOS lite (less filling sounds great)
    GPO
    JABB
    SSV
    SGC
    Next:
    GPOA
    GPC (Garritan Personal Choir)
    S?DB (double bass)
    SSF (Solo Styxx Flexatone)
    SSTH (Solo Styxx Taxi Horn)
    GPPPP (Garritan Personal Pilates Percussion Pack)
    GVDIAB (Garritan Virtual DAN IN A BOX)
    That should about cover it, yes? If I missed anything please add to the list but if not add to the wish list and if it is already on the list or the wish list then maybe you should reconsider your wish of wishing this list never existed.
    By the way, does this come with chocolate milk?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    as a notation-programme user, I have only two things to say:
    1. the demo sounds wonderful.
    2. unless it's usable in a notation programme I have no reason to get excited.

(I see no reason to "learn to perform" a virtual single instrument in my work. maybe there are others for whom this is a valid option, but it isn't for me. unless the Stradivari and Gofriller are usable from a notation platform they are of absolutely no use to me ... despite sounding wonderful)
    HINT - He may be building up to what you can use in chamber. Violin, Viola, Cello, DBass? You mean you wouldn't find room in your work for any one or all once the collection is completed? Why, Hey, there's always room for "Cello"!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum