• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Today is "Loyalty Day".

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Today is "Loyalty Day".

May 1st is "Loyalty Day". Who or what are you "loyal" to? Me, I am loyal first to God, my wife, me mom, then me family, Gary Garritan and this forum, music, Tony Soprano, Walt Hermishimer, the Aliens who abducted me when I was 12, The Buffalo Sabres, all me forum buddies, food, wine, me drums, me percussion professors, The Buffalo Philharmonic, and last but not least ... hmmmm, let me sleep on it ........... ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Hm? Huh? Oh yeah! PIZZA!!

So, Loyalty to anyone or thing or place or, or, ?
    Styxx

Re: Today is "Loyalty Day".

Hey, Styxx... What do you make of this Wizard of Oz theme park that I read about in the Beefalo News today - http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...01/1056812.asp

I love this quote: "I say the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who rode into this area are skepticism, pessimism, cynicism and doubt."

Wow, that's for sure!

Anyway, my loyalty is with God and family. It doesn't necessarily extend beyond that, depending on the circumstances.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Hey, Styxx... What do you make of this Wizard of Oz theme park that I read about in the Beefalo News today - http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...01/1056812.asp

I love this quote: "I say the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse who rode into this area are skepticism, pessimism, cynicism and doubt."

Wow, that's for sure!

Anyway, my loyalty is with God and family. It doesn't necessarily extend beyond that, depending on the circumstances.
    Why that's a horse of a different color that is!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    May 1st is "Loyalty Day"
    On this side of the ocean, it is "Labour Day". I'm very loyal to my job...

Paolo

Cool post! I am a bit embarassed to admit I'm not sure I ever gave concious thought to the question, but now that I have, I'd have to say God, Family, and a handful of folks that I am blessed to call friends.

Once upon a time I think I'd have added a couple of my former bosses, both of who I am indebted to for all that they taught me, but in the end they really are part of that third group.

The thing that interests me about this question is that I am certain my father would have included his employer in fourth place, and I do not share that attitude. I can safely say that it has been rare that I have worked for a company that I knew valued my contributions, and thus earned my loyalty. And in all three cases, things invariably changed such that I was no longer confident that was true.

Perhaps it is that I grew up watching dead old Dad put on his short sleeve white shirt, tie, and pocket protector and head off to work every day that causes me to even think about this. In his day a company offered, and expected loyalty. Today any corporate loyalty is to the shareholders, and that isn't really loyalty so much as fealty... or is it fear? Employees have, for the most part, become an asset that the company feels a need to profit from, nothing more.

Hmmm... that sounds bitter... I suppose it is, to some degree.

In anycase, I am grateful that I have those things to which I feel loyal!!!

Bill

My loyalties lie with my family, close friends, the spirits and creative forces.

...and today specifically, everyone involved in my recital so I can graduate

Thumbs up Re: Today is "Loyalty Day".

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
    My loyalties lie with my family, close friends, the spirits and creative forces.

May I wish you all the luck and learned skill in the world? Break a leg!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Katze
    Good Luck!
    ...and may the beneficial spirits be with you!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

I am loyal to my loyalty bonus

I'm loyal to God, family and friends... and neighbors... and one more... um let me think... umm... oh yeah, me!

I bought myself a loyalty day present, GPO.

Go Back to forum