• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: K2.1 - For better or worse?

Share/Bookmark

K2.1 - For better or worse?

I am sure it has been a massive job getting K2.1 out. Mostly working well for me -- but it is still way to big and complex for the average bear to make fast headway in.......

Some glitches that will make 2.1.1 necessary that I have found:

1. In search samples the Stop Search Button depresses -- and does nothing.
    2. No way to quickly insert a sound set in the DataBase without a complete update.

IT IS FASTER -- my old database updates were 90 minutes -- now only 58-59 minutes.

Once a sample is in the data base the load is much faster -- but the data base has rebuild has dropped some third party sound paths -- and a search seems to be more complex and time consuning (35 minutes) -- but I may be able to solve that one using manual search since I control my libraries. But in places where several operators use or insert into the library --- ouch.

Re: K2.1 - For better or worse?

None of this should be a problem for me.

By the time I get 2.1 to download they'll be on 2.11 and all the problems will be fixed .

Ernie

Use a download manager like Speed Download. Seriously. In this case, it makes the difference if you cannot download it.

A download manager may not necessarily get it on its own. I had GetRight try and reconnect over and over again to no avail. It was not until I manually started a new download in Opera (routed to GetRight) at 6:30 AM that I succeeded.

I finally managed to download both files. Haven't installed them on my music computer but they tested ok in WinZip.

Ernie

My experiences with Kontakt 2.1 have been very high and very low. The highs are that it really is very much faster, lower CPU overhead, and a few neato additions. The negative is that my system freaked out today and it crashed the sound portion of my system. I was loading a kontakt 2 instance in my cubase sl3, and it froze. When I ended the task and tried to restart SL3, cubase thought that I had never tested my sound card. It tested it and it failed. And then it wanted to test it again. So I restarted the computer and tried to start the sequencer again. Same stuff again. So I had to do a system restore point and then reinstall Kontakt 2.1. It seems to be working now. So who knows?

Mark

With little exception I am finding K2.1 better on my Mac/Logic Pro 7.xx. Loading times faster -- EXCEPT when new library is to be addded.

Complete re-index time is less than 66% of what it was..........

Admittedly I have not used all the scripting functions -- and probaly will never use them because this instrument is wide, deep and very much opening a cutting edge.

I have noticed that the folks on Cubase are having problems that Logic has not had so far....

So--like any marriage -- so far thebetter is along with me on the honeymoon,,,

well, on the mac side - being able to use osx spotlight to find missing samples, etc is BLAZING fast compared to the laborious searches K2 would do when lost in the past. All we need now is an Intel Mac compatible UB of K2 and I'll be a very happy camper.

They have made "cosmetic" improvements but the problem of K2 being a CPU exterminator is not solved/improved !

I cannot play a Quartet of strings on a Quad with K2.1 no DFD using QLSO platinum ! In the "Engine" window my "Note Event used" is not going back to 0 if I stop playing. It is stuck to 735 !!!
    after a while I get crackels

look on the NI forum all the bug I have reported !
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...splay.php?f=33

Bes

Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by Mark LaPierre
    . The highs are that it really is very much faster, lower CPU overhead, and a few neato additions.
    Mark
    same here very low CPU on windows XP

Go Back to forum