Topic: Hacked??

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Hacked??

Looks like Northern Sounds home page has been hacked

Here's a link to a screen capture.

HERE

This is not a joke
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Hacked??

Ya think maybe someone should tell 'em?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I have sent a message to the webmaster - I don't know if that is the most direct route though?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I PM'd masimon on it.

Common enough, sadly.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Stupid Script Kiddies....

Maybe you ought to run a virus scan. Just in case...

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...hernsounds.com

Yes...a virus scan. Are those things still around? I remember that Linux has only had very few viruses throughout its existance and the proper administrator would have the common sense to not open every file they get their hands on. But I don't think a virus scan would be of much use on this Linux server.

And for those that question me, I use Linux and haven't gotten a virus. Even that new "universal" virus for both Windows and Linux. The problem is that in Linux, everything is permission based and won't run unless told to. So for a virus to complete its goal, one has to log in as root and run it. Otherwise, the virus can't do anything.

Of course there are rootkits, but this server most likely has programs installed to detect them (I know most Debian servers come with them default).

So all this is was apparently somebody taking advantage of a known security hole in Apache, OpenSSH, or I think ProFTPd and utilizing that for their advantage. Otherwise, it's just a scriptkiddie who likes to bruteforce passwords.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I am just, like, thoroughly, uhh, overwhelmed with the, like, uhh, technical virtuosity it took to, like, pull that off!

Doood...gREEtZ fLy oUt caUse WHACKERZ ROCK!!!!

;-)

...sheesh!

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    I am just, like, thoroughly, uhh, overwhelmed with the, like, uhh, technical virtuosity it took to, like, pull that off!

Doood...gREEtZ fLy oUt caUse WHACKERZ ROCK!!!!

;-)

...sheesh!
    You forgot to throw in an ummm here and an ummm there. Here an ummm, there an ummm, everywhere an ummm, ummm.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    You forgot to throw in an ummm here and an ummm there. Here an ummm, there an ummm, everywhere an ummm, ummm.

Larry A.
    LOL...you're right, Larry! I forgot to add the "you know"s, too.

oh well...

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Go Back to forum