• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need samples for film score (clip included)

Share/Bookmark

Need samples for film score (clip included)

Hey guys,

A friend of mine at college is shooting a movie and he asked me to score. He sent me a clip of the movie already to start on and he's set a temp track to it.

Based on the amount of time we have (not much) and the type of music he wants, I figured I'd do it on Acid.

So I'm browsing through my current collection (stuff like Cinemascape, Cinematic Pulse, etc.) and I couldn't really find anything thats similar to the music in this clip. I'm basically looking for suspense music and specifically the electric/futuristic sounds like the repeating bass line in this clip... The temp sounds great and I want to put together something thats similar but with more effects and less repetetive. I guess its the electronic type sounds that I want, Cinematic Pulse has some great stuff for the action sequences but here I need suspense. Do you guys know any good collections/libraries with similar sounds?

Here's the clip, check it out:

http://media.putfile.com/Filmclip

THANKS for any help.

Re: Need samples for film score (clip included)

Well - I know absolutly nothing about Acid. But if you have a sequencer and just about any Synth you should be able to do something like this in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by bond6007
    Hey guys,
    A friend of mine at college is shooting a movie and he asked me to score. He sent me a clip of the movie already to start on and he's set a temp track to it.
    Based on the amount of time we have (not much) and the type of music he wants, I figured I'd do it on Acid.
    I just watched the clip without any sound - just the film section. I think your friend has edited it pretty well and without hearing any dialogue either - it looks quite good. It doesn't say acid to me though. It says fairly sparce. Although acid can be sparce most of the time, personally, I find it distracting in films.

But, here is a site that's been on this board before.

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    I just watched the clip without any sound - just the film section. I think your friend has edited it pretty well and without hearing any dialogue either - it looks quite good. It doesn't say acid to me though. It says fairly sparce. Although acid can be sparce most of the time, personally, I find it distracting in films.

But, here is a site that's been on this board before.

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
    I think bond6007 was talking about using Sony's Acid as a sequencer, rather than using Acid music. Sorry, I don't use loops, so I have no idea about libraries, but I'd agree with Marcussen - if you have any sequencer and synth you could probably do this yourself a lot quicker than using loop libraries.

The temp sounds great and I want to put together something thats similar but with more effects and less repetetive. I guess its the electronic type sounds that I want
    Really find this clip very interesting and well edited.
    Please be careful with this kind of music because the frequencies rather interfere with the dialoque; making it very muddled.

Have fun with the score.

Sorry, couldn't get anything to play.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Well - I know absolutly nothing about Acid. But if you have a sequencer and just about any Synth you should be able to do something like this in no time.
    I totally agree with this. The stuff on there would be easier than hell to write and if he is cool with alot of repitition (as was in the clip), than it would be even easier. As for libs, you could browse around for some DXi synths (lots of halfway decent free ones) and with alittle processing it would sound fine. Good luck.

James W.G. Smith
    "PRODUCER TO ARTIST: I don't care if that grace note on the snare hit in bar 9085 works! This is dub 'n bass acid house penis, not ~~~~ing house dub 'n acid bass penis with a twist!" - Nick Batzdorf

Hey guys, I have Cubase and Gigastudio... but when you just you the term synth, what are you referring to? What good "synths" are there? I have the EWQL Gold Orchestra but as you can see, the temp track is electronic and I want to do something similar, thats why I was thinking Acid (the program) and loops.

If there is a must-have synth that I am missing, I might be able pick it up, I have the budget for it.

BTW I agree the film does look very good and is well-edited.

Actually, reading that again - I think it could be misconstrued in many ways.

Go Back to forum