Seattle Event: Through Certain Doors, May 1st

Monday May 1st
    8:00 PM, FREE
    Cornish College of the Arts
    Kerry Hall
    Poncho Concert Hall
    710 East Roy Street
    Seattle, WA
    New works for chamber ensembles, dance, film & aural soundscapes. Also featuring the debut of a new short film: Finding Humanity, written & directed by Leif Chappelle.

Stick around after for a reception with hors d'oeuvres & non-alchoholic beverages.

Hey folks! The time's finally here, my senior recital coming up this Monday. My poster info has pretty much everything necissary to know. There's going to be a lot of live music which I've debuted here on the forums: Metamorphosis, Memories & March of the harp suite; The Four Elements, recorded with GPO and set to four choreographed dance pieces; The Last Reward, arranged for piano, cello, clarinet & bass clarinet; DescenT, recorded from a performance earlier this week by the Seattle Chamber Players; and as mentioned, Finding Humanity.

If you're in the Seattle area, I'd love it if you could come and check it out!

Re: Seattle Event: Through Certain Doors, May 1st

Many good wishes on the upcoming recital, Leif!

I'm sure it will be stellar, however.

I'm a bit far from Seattle, but I'm sure every one
    of us will be with you there in spirit!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Good luck, Leif!

I'm at the other corner of the country from Seattle so I won't be able to make it, but wish you the best all the same!

;-)

Is it okay to say "break a leg"...or is that just for theatre?

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

I think in this case, it would be "break an arm", or "break a conducting baton". Something of the sort that would physically harm a conductor/musician. Well, since he uses GPO, I guess we can also say "break a computer" but that might be a little too drastic. Anyways, good luck! I'm stuck here in Pennsylvania so I may miss it...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Leif,

Wishing you all the best on your senior recital. Tom and I are honored you are using GPO in the recital. I was hoping to make my way off the island but it doesn't look like that can happen. We will all be with you in spirit.

Did you say senior recital??? Does that mean you graduate? This is a major acheivement and hats off (or graduation cap) to you for getting through college! Graduation present heading your way with our best wishes for a successful career!

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Leif,

I can't make it this time but good luck. I'm sure it will be a success. Let us hear any live recordings from the event, if you can.

Tom

Good luck Leif.

Wow it looks like i was one letter away from stealing someone's name. Sorry Leif, i didn't know. If you ever want me change it to elliminate any mistakes, i don't mind because my real name is David.

Best Regards
    David

I'm on the other side of the country, but... good luck with the recital and congratulations!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks so much for all the well wishes guys

The recital was a great success! Top notch performances all around, and it's such a huge load off my shoulders now!

There was only one mishap, which was.. well.. my sound guy never showed up! That, and the stage crew was short 2 people! Sooo, it was myself on sound, the stage manager running lights, and the sole backstage guy taking care of curtain, organizing the players, rolling down/up the projector screen, etc. It was my first time running sound with the fancy headset dealy and all that, and it really opened my eyes (ears?) to how everything works behind the scenes. I had no idea the crew talked so much during the performance!

In any case, yes, the final bridge is crossed. Next stop, "The Real World(tm)". Or something like that.

I'm hoping my last-minute recording job will be able to turn out audio for you folks to hear. I'll be sure to post it if it does!

Now, when do we get to see the videos? Hopefully there are some because I couldn't make it due to something about not enough money to get a plane ticket and the entire distance.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum