• Register
  • Help

Topic: Film Music Jobwire (slightly OT)

Share/Bookmark

Question Film Music Jobwire (slightly OT)

I am on their mailing list, and I get emails with interesting looking jobs. Tempting to sign up for the $11.95 (US) and see what develops. Is it another Taxi? Any opinions?

Re: Film Music Jobwire (slightly OT)

No, it's not like taxi and yes, most if not all of the postings are for jobs in the US and nearly all of them are in LA. If you are looking for work, at $12 a month, it's not a bad deal. Most postings are for low paying internships or for specific genres of music, rarely orchestral, for indies or music libraries.

I used to pay for that same service a while back. Got one or two jobs through it. However, most of the jobs can also be found on a bunch of free sites. examples: Mandy, Craiglist, Productionhub.
    David Bateman
    www.davidbateman.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman
    . . . Got one or two jobs through it. . . .
    I'd be interested to hear about those. Do tell!

- Mike Greene

What are the links for Mandy, Craiglist, Productionhub, Film Music Jobwire?

Talking Re: Film Music Jobwire (slightly OT)

How does Google work?
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Ok, so most of the jobs are in LA. How OFTEN are there job listings needing a film composer? And if so, how many of those listing require you live in LA? I live in South Carolina, and hope to move to LA when I have the doe. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    How does Google work?
    Got it..

Quote Originally Posted by FilmComposer79
    Ok, so most of the jobs are in LA. How OFTEN are there job listings needing a film composer? And if so, how many of those listing require you live in LA? I live in South Carolina, and hope to move to LA when I have the doe. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

-Matt
    Rarely, if ever, looking for a film composer. It should be pretty obvious these days that you need to be in LA to have any chance at being a working film composer. Don't necessarily have to live there, but you'll need to spend a lot of time there. It's all about the Shmooze!

Go Back to forum