• Register
  • Help

Topic: scherzo (from symphony no. 2)

Share/Bookmark

scherzo (from symphony no. 2)

well -- it had to happen-- I now humbly submit one of the first things I ever wrote. It is certainly my best known tune as it has been my ringtone for the last 7 years (when will GPO be available for mobiles?) and probably my most notorious....

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=790789&T=2062

Re: scherzo (from symphony no. 2)

Hi dko22:

I can tell that you are having fun in Edinburg. The piece is charming and very delicate in places. I enjoyed listening because your instruments appear uncluttered. My only comment would be to tighten up the timing a little. Some phrases sound like the orchestra is a little tired or out of sync. Other than that, you are on your way to a great start with GPO.

Although I am of Scottish decent, I have never been to Scotland. Maybe someday soon.......

Regards,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very charming scherzo, D.

I enjoyed listening!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Hi dko22:

I can tell that you are having fun in Edinburg. The piece is charming and very delicate in places. I enjoyed listening because your instruments appear uncluttered. My only comment would be to tighten up the timing a little. Some phrases sound like the orchestra is a little tired or out of sync. Other than that, you are on your way to a great start with GPO.

Although I am of Scottish decent, I have never been to Scotland. Maybe someday soon.......

Regards,

Jack
    the timing is terrible in places but somehow I don't feel like correcting it. At the time I had only Cubase Lite with no piano roll editor and correct timing was near impossible unless you notated rather than playing by MIDI. Somehow the bad timing is part of the effect! Needless to say that I pay somewhat more attention in what I do now.

You will be very welcome in Scotland, Jack!

dko22:

Well, you did a very fine job considering Cubase Lite. I know what you mean when you say some programs are difficult to work with and to get out of them what you want.

Send us some more of the Symphony.........

Regards,

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

dko22,

I came here to listen it again. Here I understand what scherzo means ;-)

Dare I say that I am very happy about your talent not sticking to Cubase Lite anymore?

Actually it made me giggle several times and I am starting off to a cheery day ...

Hannes

I've removed this file now -it shouldn't be long before I've finished and can post the first movement of my new quartet which gives a better idea of where I'm currently at

Go Back to forum