• Register
  • Help

Topic: "A Musical Journey" for Concert Band

Share/Bookmark

"A Musical Journey" for Concert Band

Just one more before I signoff for the night. It's a musical journey but I feel like I never get where I want to go But maybe someday. Anyway, here goes.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...ney%202006.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: "A Musical Journey" for Concert Band

Mitch,

I agree with jmc in the "Powerhouse" thread that your writing sounds like it would be fun to play - I certainly would have enjoyed playing these in school. Good use of contrasting material. The bluesy turn after 3:35 made me laugh out loud. Very enjoyable.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I try to keep a lot of my music on the fun side. That way I don't take myself too seriously and start writing really heavy stuff. Ha ha!
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Some interesting writing in this, Mitch -- some real meat to chew on, in addition to the lighter side. With a little tender care, I could see this becoming a very attractive piece for, say, fairly good highschool ensembles.

I just came from a highschool band concert last night, for instance. Although they were really quite good, the material was obviously chosen for a lot of rhythmic bang but overall simplicity, with very little substance to it.

More music like this should really find its way into the repertoire.... so, get to work, Mitch...lol!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum