• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam Tech Support

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Tascam Tech Support

Well I went through hell and back. Turns out when I did a re-install it deleted everything giga related, Registration Key # being the most important.You Think!! 2 new improvements , NFX saved the auto-pan so I wouldn't have to sacrifice one of my aux busses in Scope for a simple Rhodes effect. However Blue Tubes doesn't work properly, and the EQ's are improperly saved. I am just going to use GS3 Orchestra for its great sound, and routing choices. No VST FX 4 me. This is what lead to all the problems with NFX, and such. SConverter still doesn't work, so I bought Translator, they must have a deal worked out with Tascam, I don't know 1 person who can load Akai samples from his CD! I found a small but very knowledgable giga community here in Nevada throughout the studios. Most still use 160 2.54, as do I on my studio box. But the few who have GS3 have the same problems as I do, imagine that. But we all agree that GS3 is awesome, just use external FX, they sound much better anyway. We all have Gigapulse working great too. I think with GVI coming out, Tascam never wanted this to work except w/ Gigapulse, and if you can stomach it,NFX,aarrgh!!
    But this is a great app, and when GVI becomes stable, I imagine that Tascam will have their hands full at Tech support.
    If you can stand the wait on the phone,( much faster than the returning of emails) tech guys are very good at helping you, while they steer you towards GVI. Within minutes I recieved the proper info to get my reg key up and working. I am determined to get everything working the way it is suppose to, after all this is why I bought it. I already had a rock solid 160 2.54/Scope box.
    So GS3 Orchestra w/ Gigapulse is still worth buying IMHO, just stay with those 2 entities, and not VST,NFX,Akai, and you will love it.
    Thanks to the guys at tech support, they are doing the best they can, and I appreciate their help.

Re: Tascam Tech Support

That's great news! It's especially impressive, since the Tech Support boss and others are currently in your home town at NAB. I'll post the details shortly...

-JF

Talking Re: Tascam Tech Support

I'll be calling you early in the afternoon when I return. Hope it's not too late to get together.

Jimmy V.

Go Back to forum