• Register
  • Help

Topic: How does multiple instances work with RMX?

Share/Bookmark

How does multiple instances work with RMX?

Hi,
    I understand that I'm supposed to be able to load say 2 seperate tracks with rmx and each being independent of the other. I'm using it with cubase sx3 but when I load two seperate tracks with an rmx, I noticed whatever the first one is set on, so is the second. Is there more to it tha that?? I'm baffled.
    Thanks
    dblock

Re: How does multiple instances work with RMX?

I am sure the tutorials go into it. but basically to have two instances in cubase sx3, you MUST load two instances in the vst instances window (F11 I believe)

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Thanks very much for your response.
    dblock

You can have one instance of the RMX vst instrument, and have eight independent tracks going within that one instance of RMX. (Each one with its own patch, fx, chaos, etc.. - and you can assign separate audio outputs if you want to run them through different external fx).

If you want to run multi mode and kit mode at the same time, then you'd need two instances of the RMX plugin.
    Dane Hawkes DiAnda
    C. I. Studios

yes Hawkes is right, I saw your post on another forum which was worded a bit differently and it is the other wording I answered :-)
    sorry
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Thanks alot Hawkes and zvenx for taking the time to explain it to me.
    dblock

Go Back to forum