• Register
  • Help

Topic: SampleTekk TBO Loading/Playback Problem

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy SampleTekk TBO Loading/Playback Problem

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. Whenever I attempt to play a TBO patch in GS3, all I get are very short notes across the majority of the keyboard. They sound like they're being cut off. I am only attempting to play 1 note at a time, at the moment. The only 2 notes that seem OK, are D#4 and E4 (where C4=middle C). They also play OK with the damper pedal down.

I purchased the SampleTekk TBO via direct download 3 days ago. This took me all weekend but eventually got all the files. I downloaded all 16 .rar files to my Mac, burnt it onto 2 DVD's (including the updates) and transfered them to my Windows PC (XP Pro SP2). I then uncompressed the files on the PC, and followed the instructions to update the faulty samples. I put the Gigapulse files into the correct GPulse folder.

Next the manual states I "should use the .gsi files when loading the TBO into GS3!" However, I cannot see any .gsi files anywhere in the GS3 Quicksound pane (with .gsi selected in the search field) or in the TBO folder on my hard drive. All I can find is the TBO.gig file. So I load that. I'm triggering MIDI via Cubase SX3 on the Mac. There is no problem with this setup, as I'm able to play other instruments in GS3, plus I can see the MIDI signal light up in GS3. I try and play some notes, but all I get is the cut off notes as explained above. So it is triggering the notes. The problem seems to be with the actual TBO instrument that I've loaded.

GS3 is saying I've only loaded 5% memory (4GB in total) but that doesn't seem like very much.

I also notice that the E4 notes are the ones that got updated. I did try to load the non-updated patch and this time all the notes failed to play correctly.

Please can someone help me. I'm worried I've wasted all my money and I desperately want to play some piano.

Thanks,
    Mobius
    Last edited by Mobius; 04-25-2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Spelling errors and additional info

Re: SampleTekk TBO Loading/Playback Problem

Have you tried contacting Per (SampleTekk) with this problem. They have excellent support and service. Loading TBO should show up a lot more than 5% on your memory scale.

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Have you tried contacting Per (SampleTekk) with this problem. They have excellent support and service. Loading TBO should show up a lot more than 5% on your memory scale.
    Yes I emailed them last night. I hope it's a simple solution.

Still no reply.

Today I opened TBO in the Instrument Editor, and discovered that for some reason, other than D#4 and E4, only 0.015 seconds of sample data have been loaded for the other notes. The waveform display shows this. It seems to be the exact same shortened length for every sample. I went back and checked the actual samples, and they are all intact (i.e. are at their full length). So there must be some kind of error in the .gig file. I tried to reload one of the samples, and it loaded in full this time. It also played back correctly. The trouble is, it is going to take me an absolute age to reload every sample.

So if someone can suggest an easy way to reload each sample, then I could save that instrument and maybe it'll work. I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a novice with Gigastudio.

Please can some kind fellow help me?

OK, well I seem to have got it partially working. I copied the sample folder to a different location. Then I loaded TBO.gig into the Instrument Editor and selected the "Replace all samples in all folders" option from the sample window contextual menu. I chose the copied folder for the root directory, and replaced the original samples with the copied samples (with "Match samples by name to .wav/.dxl files anywhere under the root folder" selected). Then I saved the new TBO.gig file. The waveform view showed that the samples were no longer shortened.

When I reloaded this into GS3, it was playable and sounded very good indeed!

However, I still don't understand where the .gsi files are. The manual lists a file called 'TBO PUPD Conv Res.gsi'. I cannot find this. Nor can I find the other .gsi files listed ('TBO.gsi', 'TBO PU Conv PD + Res.gsi', 'TBO PPD Conv Res.gsi' etc...). All I can see files called 'TSO No PD No Rel', 'TSO', 'TBO 4 No Rel', 'TBO4 No PD', TBO 4 No PD No Rel', 'TBO 4', and so on.

So if someone could explain where the .gsi files are and how I load them I'd be very grateful.

I did try do load Gigapulse into an Insert effect slot on the same channel, and it loaded the TBO Gigapulse preset files. But it sounds a bit flangy, and I thought it was supposed to load automatically when you load the .gsi's.

Confused.

Hi Mobius.

I've got your mail and I've also answered it. Maybe you have missed it. I've answered the 25:th 23:34 (GMT +1).
    I've resent the mail once more. Anyway, here's what I wrote:

By a mistake, the gsi files wasn’t included in the download, (nor was some other files, very important for TBO.
    They are now, and you can download the from here:

www.sampletekk.com/eprod/MoreTBOGS3Files.rar

www.sampletekk.com/eprod/TBODocs.rar
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Question Re: SampleTekk TBO Loading/Playback Problem

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I try those links all I get is this for each one:

Not Found

The requested URL /eprod/TBODocs was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.sampletekk.com Port 80
    Not Found

The requested URL /eprod/MoreTBOGS3Files.rar was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at www.sampletekk.com Port 80
    Do I need to sign in or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I try those links all I get is this for each one:

Do I need to sign in or anything?

Ooops... a couple of typos...try them now!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Ooops... a couple of typos...try them now!
    The first link still comes up with "Not Found", and the second link crashes my browser.

I tried them twice.

Question Re: SampleTekk TBO Loading/Playback Problem

I signed into the View Order Status page on your site, and there are 2 new files with the same name called 'More TBO GS3 Files .rar'. I've downloaded both but they appear to be the same.

Do I need any other files? Where should I put them to make it work, in the same folder as the TBO.gig file?

And the TBO.gig file that I messed around with (see 5th post above), was I right to do that? Or should I go back to the previous version (version 2, which I updated from the updates on your site)?

Thanks for your help.

Go Back to forum