• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha Grantouch and piano sample library

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha Grantouch and piano sample library

Has anyone of you experience of this combination – Yamaha Grantouch and a sample piano like PMI, Sampletekk, Ivory...

Re: Yamaha Grantouch and piano sample library

Yes, I have both. (Grantouch and Sample Tek Black Grand.) They both have their strengths. The GranTouch is best suited for classical music. I t has a very full, dark, rounded tone.

The Black Grand is brighter and best suited for contemporary music, and some Jazz.The samples are also longer than the GranTouch. The GranTouch
    samples in the upper ranges sound a bit short at times.Also, the GranTouch is only 32 note polyphony, but the voice-stealing is extremely good. I can rarely hear notes cutting out.

Also, the Grantouch feels much more connected with less latency, than when I trigger the Black Grand samples from my controller keyboard.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Thank you!

I was interested in how it works if you trigger a good piano sample library from your Grantouch (using Grantouch as a controller). To me it seems like the ultimate combination, a REAL piano keyboard and top samples?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfetho

Also, the Grantouch feels much more connected with less latency, than when I trigger the Black Grand samples from my controller keyboard.

I hope this helps.

Tom
    Glad that you use BG!
    I just wnated to add, that there's no latency in the BG samples as such. The latency comes from the sampler and the system the sampler workso on, and can vary.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

S-Dahl:

Sorry, I thought you meant a comparison between the two (Grantouch, sample libraries.)

Yes, the action is great on the Grantouch. The only thing is, you have very limited control (i.e velocity curves etc.) on the Grantouch, as the midi implementation is very basic. I guess you could tweak Kontakt , or whatever sampler you're using though. Overall, because of the Grantouch action, I would think it would work very well as a controller for piano sample libraries.

Tom

Go Back to forum