• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius and GPO Edition Playback Issues

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius and GPO Edition Playback Issues

I have recently concluded that Sibelius cannot not play back a full orchestration ( try the Sax Concerto Score enclosed) using the GPO. I do get better performance when not using the reverb on Kontact player. (Using a P4 2.6 GHZ with 2 GIGS of Ram).Funny enough, 2 other freinds who use both a MAC 1.5 GHZ laptop and PC Laptop experience the same problem.....a stuttering interupted playback. If there is a way to make GPO work with Sibelius without this annoying stutterng on playback then please let me know. In the meantime, I will just work with the Kontact Gold sounds which work perfectly.

Re: Sibelius and GPO Edition Playback Issues

Quote Originally Posted by AllanKane

I have recently concluded that Sibelius cannot not play back a full orchestration ( try the Sax Concerto Score enclosed) using the GPO. I do get better performance when not using the reverb on Kontact player. (Using a P4 2.6 GHZ with 2 GIGS of Ram).Funny enough, 2 other freinds who use both a MAC 1.5 GHZ laptop and PC Laptop experience the same problem.....a stuttering interupted playback. If there is a way to make GPO work with Sibelius without this annoying stutterng on playback then please let me know. In the meantime, I will just work with the Kontact Gold sounds which work perfectly.
    Allan,
    The reverb on the Sibelius Kontakt Player does take a lot of resources.

At the GPO Sibelius web page there is a listing of what you could expect: http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...ius/index.html

System requirements

Requires 2GB hard disk space (in addition to Sibelius 4); Windows XP (or some Windows 2000 configurations); Mac OS 10.3.9 or later; DVD drive; Sibelius 4. Additionally:
    Scores that use up to about 8 different sounds:

• Windows: 1.8Ghz processor or faster, 1Gb+ RAM (1.5Gb+ recommended), preferably ASIO compatible sound card
    • Mac: G4/G5, 1GB+ RAM (1.5GB+ recommended)
    Scores that use up to about 20 different sounds:

• Windows: 2.5GHz processor or faster, 1.5Gb RAM. ASIO-compatible sound card strongly recommended (not sound chip on motherboard), preferably separate graphics card
    • Mac: 1.8GHz processor or faster, 1.5GB+ RAM
    Scores that use reverb or more than 20 different sounds will need a faster processor and more RAM.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Re: Sibelius and GPO Edition Playback Issues

Note that there are TWO places you can disable reverb in Sibelius. In the Play / Performance menu, just remove the tick next to "reverb".

In the Play / Playback and Input Devices, click on Kontakt Player Options near the bottom of the panel. One of the options is "Use reverb (requires more CPU). Make sure this is NOT ticked. This is the option that will consume resources regardless of the setting you select in the Performance panel.

I can play almost twice as many instruments now ... and I prefer many of the GPO instruments to the Kontakt Gold - especially the variety of solo instruments.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, David

Go Back to forum