• Register
  • Help

Topic: When upgrading from Giga 3 to GVI...

Share/Bookmark

When upgrading from Giga 3 to GVI...

...will I be able to keep my Giga 3 license running separately on a different computer?

Anybody have any info on this?

In true Tascam tradition, I emailed the customer service link on their site about it, only to have the email bounce back undeliverable.

Another great product they are determined not to sell.

Re: When upgrading from Giga 3 to GVI...

Try using their web-form to contact them. That worked fine for me last night. I'd imagine that you'll still be able to use your Gigastudio 3 license as you're getting GVI at a reduced price.

What web-form? I go to "Contact Us" on their site, and there are various hyperlinked contact departments. When I click on the one for technical enquiries, it just opens my email program with their (wrong) address in the address bar, no web-link.

http://www.tascamgiga.com/contact_us.php
    Just select 'Giga - Sales Order Question' or 'Giga Product Registration' in the drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    ...will I be able to keep my Giga 3 license running separately on a different computer?
    I'd be very interested in knowing the answer to this as well. Any chance you could post whatever info you find here? (Or if you run into a brick wall, let us know that instead.)

Quote Originally Posted by dummy
    http://www.tascamgiga.com/contact_us.php
    Just select 'Giga - Sales Order Question' or 'Giga Product Registration' in the drop down.
    Cheers thanks. I've sent my query and I'll report back on whatever they say.

I'll visit NAB this week. I'll ask them their policy there...

-JF

Jon has already mentioned this in the other thread, but FWIW Tascam have answered my email and confirmed that I will be able to run my current GS3 copy on a different PC from the copy of GVI that I upgrade to from it.

Great!

Yes. at NAB I confirmed that the GVI upgrade from GS3 gets you a stand alone license. I'd say it's a no brainer. I plan to load GVI on my laptop, so I can bring a small set of "sketching" and "go to" samples on the road with me.

Marketing Manager Johnny DeLeon said that they are really motivated to get GVI out there. He sees the market as being much larger than for the traditional, orchestral GS3 user. They'll be going the player route, but I didn't bother asking which developers will be using GVI as a built-in player. It's up to the developers to announce their products when the time is right.

-JF

Go Back to forum