• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bye Bye Ambience?!

Share/Bookmark

Bye Bye Ambience?!

Just read elsewhere in the forum that Ambience is no longer bundled with GPO Version 2. Does that mean it's going away forever? Will it return with AGPO? If not, will I still be able to use it with AGPO? Will there be another reverb product bundled with it?

Yipes!

DrH

Re: Bye Bye Ambience?!

I haven't heard any of this. And if it is gone, well, I hope that the GPO version of it is still supported in GPOA. But it would be nice to see this still implemented.

To me, Ambience is a very important part of the package.

While I may or may not use it for finished product -- during the writing process I depend on this in Finale.

I certainly hope that Ambience is NOT going to be eliminated!

It may seem a small thing to non-notationers; but to me, that would seriously injure the usefulness of the samples.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Ambiance is still available. It is now a download that you can find on our downloads page: http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

Also Ambiance comes bundled with Finale 2006 as well.

Gary Garritan

Thanks, Gary!

Ambience may not be the most sophisticated sound treatment -- but it's really a quite serviceable tool that produces fine results; and it makes life much simpler for all us notationers who aren't used to or interested in all kinds of complicated set-up, etc.

I'm pleased that this will continue to be a part of the playing field.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Ambulance? Some one call for an ambulance?
    Styxx

Yes, one to take me to a mental institution. Anyways, glad to hear that we'll still be able to get abience. Very useful tool, provides just what I need to get my pieces sounding a little bit more alive and realistic. Now that abience clears up my sound, now for the next problem...my lack of better talent.

Thumbs up Re: Bye Bye Ambience?!

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    ...now for the next problem...my lack of better talent.
    Lack of talent? I would tend to look at it as a step up the ladder. Hard to believe you would lack talent. Maybe you are just like the rest of us ...
    Besides, if you had a lack of talent you wouldn't be here in the first place.
    Styxx

At my age (and out-of-whack mentallity) I am used to killing my own ego. All I have to wait for is for the next dance. Everytime I ask out a girl and get dumped, I get a boost of creativity for about 24-48 hours. Even stranger, all I can compose in that time are more cheerful tunes (such as Travels http://www.pro5ive.com/oc-32.mp3). But compared to what I hear from you guys, I really lack some talent. But compared to what I entered in reflections 3 years ago, I am the ultimate (yes, it was that bad...).

Go Back to forum