• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ultra TKT Update to V1.05

Share/Bookmark

Ultra TKT Update to V1.05

Hi guys,

The Ultra TKT has now been updated to V1.05 which includes the EWQLSO release sample fix previously posted as a patch. You can now download the new version on Theo's K2 Page. http://www.theokrueger.com/kontakt2.htm
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Re: Ultra TKT Update to V1.05

This is a great tool, thank you very much!!

I have a question though: is it possible to use it for a KeySwitched patch? For instance I have all the FAST articulations in one patch, triggered by the keys C0, C0#, C1.

If I use the Ultra TKT patch, with no "Set_Range" feature, then the changing articulations via C0/C0#/C1 is not possible anymore, as these keys get also transposed (+/- 1 or 2 semitones), due to the Ultra TKT engine.

If I use it with the "Set_range" set to the actual instrument's range (example: G2-D6), then the KewSwitches (C0, C0#, C1) are totally ignored.

Is it possible to tweek the Ultra TKT 1.05 so that it defines the "KeySwitch zone" that remains unaltered whatsoever? THis would be fantastic!

THanks a lot!

Re: Ultra TKT Update to V1.05

Hi mihmir,

The funny thing about this is, when I wrote this script I had intended originally to provide for the Keyswitch thing. In fact, if you look at the flow chart you'll see a 'hook' to a routine named KS-Handler. However, somehow or other it looks like this 'fell through the cracks' and my poor memory just isn't good enough to remember how this happened. What's amazing is that no one noticed this up to now! I guess no one has been trying to use keyswitching with the UTKT.

Anyway, I just took a quick look at the code and I think it can easily be corrected. If you feel up to it here is something you can try quickly. If this doesn't do the job, let me know and when I get a block of time I'll study this more carefully and get back to you.

In the 'on note' handler, find the line of code that reads:

Code:
    if (($Set_Range = $On) or not in_range($EVENT_NOTE,$LowKey,$TopKey))
    the very next line should read:

Code:
    ignore_event($EVENT_ID)
    What you want to do is move that line down two lines, placing it after the line that reads:

Code:
    if ($Set_Range = $On)
    Then, at least in theory, if you set the instrument range, 'outside' notes like keyswitch notes should just be passed through without being effected. Let me know if this works out OK for you.

God Bless,

Bob

BTW I don't know why the [code] tags aren't doing their job but if they don't render right for you either please don't expect to find these tags in the UTKT code.
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Thumbs up Re: Ultra TKT Update to V1.05

Thank you very much!! I did the edit and now it works wonderfully.

Mihmar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob
    Hi mihmir,

The funny thing about this is, when I wrote this script I had intended originally to provide for the Keyswitch thing. In fact, if you look at the flow chart you'll see a 'hook' to a routine named KS-Handler. However, somehow or other it looks like this 'fell through the cracks' and my poor memory just isn't good enough to remember how this happened. What's amazing is that no one noticed this up to now! I guess no one has been trying to use keyswitching with the UTKT.

Anyway, I just took a quick look at the code and I think it can easily be corrected. If you feel up to it here is something you can try quickly. If this doesn't do the job, let me know and when I get a block of time I'll study this more carefully and get back to you.

In the 'on note' handler, find the line of code that reads:

Code:
    if (($Set_Range = $On) or not in_range($EVENT_NOTE,$LowKey,$TopKey))
    the very next line should read:

Code:
    ignore_event($EVENT_ID)
    What you want to do is move that line down two lines, placing it after the line that reads:

Code:
    if ($Set_Range = $On)
    Then, at least in theory, if you set the instrument range, 'outside' notes like keyswitch notes should just be passed through without being effected. Let me know if this works out OK for you.

God Bless,

Bob

BTW I don't know why the [code] tags aren't doing their job but if they don't render right for you either please don't expect to find these tags in the UTKT code.

Go Back to forum