• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hearts of Africa...Couple Questions

Share/Bookmark

Hearts of Africa...Couple Questions

Does Spectrasonics support products purchased through Ilio...such as Hearts of Africa? (Which sounds real cool, by the way).

Will I have any problems translating it inside of Kontakt 2? (Or perhaps more accurately, have others had said problems?)

I'm a bit of a Kontakt 2 newbie...how difficult/easy will I find Hearts (relatively speaking)...and if I'm lost will Spectrasonics help me find the way (assuming Ilio won't/can't)?

All replies greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Re: Hearts of Africa...Couple Questions

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    Does Spectrasonics support products purchased through Ilio...such as Hearts of Africa? (Which sounds real cool, by the way).

Will I have any problems translating it inside of Kontakt 2? (Or perhaps more accurately, have others had said problems?)

I'm a bit of a Kontakt 2 newbie...how difficult/easy will I find Hearts (relatively speaking)...and if I'm lost will Spectrasonics help me find the way (assuming Ilio won't/can't)?

All replies greatly appreciated...Thanks!
    No worries. ILIO will help you get Heart of Africa up and running on Kontakt if you have any trouble (but it should work fine). Just call or write: support@ilio.com

-Mark
    ILIO

Quote Originally Posted by emaitch
    No worries. ILIO will help you get Heart of Africa up and running on Kontakt if you have any trouble (but it should work fine). Just call or write: support@ilio.com

-Mark
    ILIO
    Thanks so much. That's very much appreciated. Still, just out of curiosity...would Eric also support this product or is it stricly Ilio-based? Nothing against Ilio...I only ask because I'm a long time fan of this site and all things Spectrasonics...

Thanks again!

Of course! :-)

It is after all a Spectrasonics product, and I'm the producer of that title. In case you're not sure of the relationship, ILIO is simply the sales distribution channel for Spectrasonics products in N. America. In other territories, Spectrasonics has other distributors like Time & Space in the UK, Best Service in Germany, Univers Sons in France, etc.

What we do at Spectrasonics is primarily development and support of our whole product line. Sales are handled through our international distributors and authorized dealer network.

Heart of Africa was a lot of fun to produce. It's still very useful stuff on that library. :-)

http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/africa1.php

spectrum

Hearts of Africa is one of the best percussion libraries, for those who are willing to dig. Not saying that everything isn't usable, but there are some OUTSTANDING moments, ilke the hybrid drum collection (1-20) that just kick ~~~ -- especially when transposed and hyped a bit. The great samples are sometimes innocently/tamely named.

They've made an appearance on a lot of my projects through the years. As a matter of fact, currently, they're on three network themes.

And people (okay -- musician friends) asked: where'd you get the percussion?

Now they know. You actually can't go wrong with all of the early Roland sample libraries (produced by Eric and company). They are worth getting if you don't have them already. I rarely endorse products as much as these.

Stew

Go Back to forum