• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald Update ?

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald Update ?

I'm very happy with the KHSO Emerald library , and was wondering whether or not to get the update ....I really would like to get the rest of the Chamber Strings...They are really sweet !!....I was wondering if anybody had an opinion on the KHSO update ....How do you like it ? .....Are you running the Kontakt version or the Giga version ?...Thanks for your time ...Sincerely, Jim

Re: KHSO Emerald Update ?

I'm buying it this week more than likely - I'll let you know once I receive it and use it.

Emerald is just so fantastic I cannot tell you!!!

Mike

Thumbs up Re: KHSO Emerald Update ?

I've not yet the full update, but I have and used Chamber Strings. I'm K2.
    Really excellent price/quality rate.

The new programming (and LegatoLife scripts!) and fix are another good point: the update seems to be a must for KHSO owners.

It's a no brainer for you K2 guys......I guess it's a no brainer for me also as I really do like what I've gotten so far , and really would like to complete the Chamber String section ....This is really great icing on the already tasty cake !
    Thanks to all ...I guess I just needed a shove in the right direction.... ..Jim

I just received the K2 upgrade yesterday. It comes on 4 DVDs, completely replacing the original set. It contains about 3500 new files, versus the old version, but takes up about 2 gb less space on the hard drive. The new documentation, being located in one place, is a definite improvement.

The percussion section is pretty much the same, and as you know, the chamber strings have been added. However, it is difficult to compare the strings, brass and woodwinds between the versions, instrument to instrument, because they are organized much differently on the new version. The old dry/wet/hall folders are gone, which is no great loss since Kontakt can do that better anyway. There are also a lot of new articulations, and some of the old ones are gone (or replaced). After playing with it for a couple of hours, one thing that stood out was that Kontakt was able to load every instrument I tried without looking for missing samples (hallelujah).

The jury will be out until I have had a chance to try it with midi, but my initial impression is that this is the library Kirk Hunter had in mind when he released the original version of Emerald.

It seems far better organized and is very much more easy to use. I also bought the chamber strings in december so for those of you who haven't got this upgrade, its well worth the price if you dont qualify for a free upgrade. Looking forward to Ruby now.

steve

Thanks for the reports guys.

My only concern is the notation about smoother string sounds and whether they're going to change the balance or attack characteristics of what I've already done with the old articulations.

Yes. Thanks.
    That makes total sense.

Yeah, but now it's 60GB, not 30GB.

Still worth it. Just waiting till I get a customer check before I order.

Mike

I didn't realize that the update was a new library unto itself ....I thought that there were just "additional" files .....This is the whole magilla !!.....If you notice also, the new files do NOT have the "KH" in front of the file name , so you will be easily able to decipher which files are which , not to mention the date you installed them .... This is really a sweet deal .... I don't know why I even questioned buying it ..... I'm really happy with the whole library , but I am especially fond of the Chamber Strings ..... Very nice addition to the Emerald library, so you're really getting 2 library's in one ... ....Works for me !!..I hope these low cost , quality library offerings continue ....Sincerely, Jim

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast