• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX kit mode - this do able?

Share/Bookmark

RMX kit mode - this do able?

Using Logic 7.1

I'm in kit mode. Have stylus as a multi (stereo). so i have 8 tracks of stylus.

I would like to have the kick, snare, HH etc record onto their seperate midi track. Then be able to route each track or output to an AUX to be able to process each track individualy. This do able? (im thinking if i was to use the multi channel version).

Let me know.

mitch

Re: RMX kit mode - this do able?

Sure....watch the "Using Separate Outputs" and "RMX and Logic" tutorials. :-)

are you kidding me? (just watched those videos) Eric this piece of software just keeps on giving !!!! ha.....
    I didnt realize i could send a snare hit (within a loop) to its own aux track. via an edit group. I havent touched edits groups (too scared)....this opens up so much!! and clicking the settings button enables me to change the loop without reverting my settings back to default...so good. (im one of those guys that doesnt read the manual )

man.....sylus reminds me of Logic (been using it for awhile now but learn something everyday).

I watched some of the videos today and had one of those "oh my god" moments (several times hahaha). I do have 2 ergonomic questions. My arms are definately a little worn from years of programming, but I was wondering if RMX can utilize the scroll wheel on my mouse (to move up and down libraries) rather than pulling the side things all the time, and 2, is there a way to leave some kind of audition "on" when moving up and down to listen to sounds. Also, can the up/down & left/right arrows be used to move around the library window? Sorry for all the tweeky questions Eric. I'm SURE you've already thought of all this and if even remotely possible you would have tried it. I just want to be sure. Again, thanks for an insanely great instrument. BTW, I will continue to buy ANYTHING you make.

Quote Originally Posted by dinerdog
    I watched some of the videos today and had one of those "oh my god" moments (several times hahaha). I do have 2 ergonomic questions. My arms are definately a little worn from years of programming, but I was wondering if RMX can utilize the scroll wheel on my mouse (to move up and down libraries) rather than pulling the side things all the time,
    You can already use the scroll wheel of the mouse if you place it over the scroll bars in the browser. :-)

and 2, is there a way to leave some kind of audition "on" when moving up and down to listen to sounds.
    How do you mean? The loop continues to play until you select the next one....you mean when changing suites? I don't think we'd be able to do that, because it's important to clear out the RAM buffer when new suites are selected.

Also, can the up/down & left/right arrows be used to move around the library window?
    Most hosts already have these keys mapped to functions in the host, so there's always a confilct there on that issue. We understand how useful the concept is and are considering ways how this experience can be improved.

Sorry for all the tweeky questions Eric. I'm SURE you've already thought of all this and if even remotely possible you would have tried it. I just want to be sure. Again, thanks for an insanely great instrument. BTW, I will continue to buy ANYTHING you make.
    Cool....we love getting feedback. :-)

Thanks Eric for getting back to me.

"Most hosts already have these keys mapped to functions in the host, so there's always a confilct there on that issue. We understand how useful the concept is and are considering ways how this experience can be improved"

If there's any way to "look under the hood" Korg Legacy does this. Once you click on the plug-ins interface you can scroll around with the four arrow keys and not switch tracks etc, in the background in Logic. If that's not doable, maybe there some way to autoplay down the elements list. I'm really looking for any way to use less mouse clicking. Thats why the arrow keys help sometimes. Part of the reason I ask is because you've seriously spoiled all of us in making the impossible (or un-thinkable of) possible. Thanks. : >

ps: yes I see the scroll whell works on the sidebar, I always stayed in the actual directory. thanks.

Go Back to forum