• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB / Strad

Share/Bookmark

JABB / Strad

Anybody had a chance to finish any songs with either of the new libs? There'a a lot of horsepower there and I'm really looking forward to hearing what you're doing with it. I've heard some jazz stuff using JABB but I'm hoping to hear more renditions of the big band swing era songs.

Of course, with the Strad being an individual instrument, I'm sure it'll show up in a lot of orchestral scorings, but I'm curious to see how many contemporary songs people use it in. For those of you familiar with Loreena McKinnet, there's a song called All Souls Night that has a wild violin part that could probably have been pulled off with the Strad in a very convincing manner.

Anyway, just curious to see what you guys are doing with the new toys, particularly since you have much more talent in this area than I do.

Links, anyone?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: JABB / Strad

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I've heard some jazz stuff using JABB but I'm hoping to hear more renditions of the big band swing era songs.

Chris,

I've done mock-ups of Ted Heath's "Someone to Watch Over Me" and Count Basie's "All of Me" - both in the Listening Room.

Currently I'm putting the finishing touches to Basie's "The Kid From Red Bank"
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JABB / Strad

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Chris,

I've done mock-ups of Ted Heath's "Someone to Watch Over Me" and Count Basie's "All of Me" - both in the Listening Room.

Currently I'm putting the finishing touches to Basie's "The Kid From Red Bank"
    Coolness! Gonna have to give them a listen when I get off work!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum