• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Share/Bookmark

V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt 2.1?

Since we often receive requests for a Kontakt version (K2 Sample Library) of Vintage Keyboard Collection and Keyboard Gold Bundle we have considered a release, but so far it has been kept back because of the serious risc of piracing and low sales.

We therefore will offer to release product if we get more than 25 binding PREORDERS. If we however do not receive these numbers it will not be interesting for us to finalize and release this product. Both VKC and KGB could be ready for release in few weeks.
    Price of VKC will be $299 and KGB will sell for $399. If you want to PREORDER it must be based on this price and not on a future "SALE" price.

Please send a mail to shop@scarbee.com and write: KGB Kontakt - PREORDER or VKC Kontakt - PREORDER depending on what product you want to order. If we don't get the right number of preorders release will be cancelled and you will not buy anything. If you at some point regeret the preorder - please send a mail with Header: REGRET.

VKC crossgrade will be $99 (it will not be KGB since you can use VKFX from your KGB version). Note that You can NOT resell your Halion VKC or KGB as this is against the user License Agreement (Both Scarbee and Steinberg ones)

Please send a mail to shop@scarbee.com and write: VKC Kontakt - PREORDER (crossgrade)

By looking at slow numbers it doesn't really look as a PROTECTED sample library version is realistic as I will just loose money on this project, so it will be an un-protected version if ever released - therefore price is back to higher one.

I also consider just to release N-HP for $59 and D6-C (all 8 sounds) for $199.

If all VKC instruments were bought seperately it would cost $169 (RSP73) + $169 (WEP) + $59 (N-HP) + $199 D6-C (all 8 sounds) = $596 - so you save $297 (VKC K2 is $299), which is a discount of 50%!!

With KGB you save 50% too: $596 (VKC sample libs) + $199 (VKFX) = $795 - so you save $297 (KGB K2 is $399), which is a discount of 50%!!
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Hi Thomas,

How about offering crossgrades from those of us who bought the bundle. I really want to get rid of the Halion player and Syncrosoft dongle and will pay to do so.

I can't be the only one, and presumably such purchases would contribute to the financial viability of completing the project.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
    Allan

Question Re: V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Thomas ,

any crossgrades available for those on the Giga platform??

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by aplanchard
    Hi Thomas,

How about offering crossgrades from those of us who bought the bundle. I really want to get rid of the Halion player and Syncrosoft dongle and will pay to do so.

I can't be the only one, and presumably such purchases would contribute to the financial viability of completing the project.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
    Allan
    Hi Alan,

Yes there will be upgrades/crossgrades from Giga/Halion/Halion Player etc if we release it. However only FULL PREORDERS will count to reach the 35 number.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

You can monitor status of preorders at www.scarbee.com (Count)
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

+1 for a crossgrade if it happens.

Crossgrade for me, as well.

We now suddenly have option to protect Kontakt 2.1 libraries - though it cost us some license fee - it is definately a solution.

So we now just need 25 PREORDERs - at new price.

Price of VKC will be $249 (new price) and KGB wll sell for $349 (new price). If you want to PREORDER it must be based on this price and not on a future "SALE" price.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

We will make individual skins (backgrounds) for RSP62, WEP, D6-C and N-HP... :wink:
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Thomas,

If you say you can "protect" Kontakt libraries, what exactly does that mean? I was under the impression that this was going to be an "open" sample format release, which I take as meaning that it's possible to export the raw samples and load them into other programs. Most developers seem to see this as meaning that the program is completely unprotected, though practically speaking I'm not sure I agree with them.

Any clarification would be appreciated. I'm definitely still on for a crossgrade too. Maybe you should price up the crossgrades and see what kind of numbers you have for those. It could be you're too successful - everyone has already bought your libraries, in some form or another, so there just aren't that many completely new customers left!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast