• Register
  • Help

Topic: external MIDI CC control

Share/Bookmark

external MIDI CC control

I haven't been able to find how (or where in the manual) to assign MIDI CC control to different parameters in K2. I'm running DP and using K2 either as a plugin, or for larger templates on an external PC.

Is there a MIDI learn function or similar so that I can assign, say CC#74 to a filter cutoff, or an unused CC# to an FX wet mix, or amp envelope attack....

I'm not looking to turn K2 into a synth (although it's boasted as being a formidable sound design app), but would like to be able to record a bunch of controllers in DP tracks controlling K2 instruments.

Anyone using CCs to tweek K2 in realtime and care to shed some light on this?

Re: external MIDI CC control

Please have a look on modulation and automation in the manual and ask if you then have any questions. Modulation gives you control over group level parameters and automation gives you control over instrument level effect parameters. For both you can use MIDI CC.

Thankyou, kotori.
    I reviewed those sections once again and I realized I was attempting to add modulators to insert fx.
    However, I was hoping to find a midi learn-type function so that I could quickly map controllers to consistent parameters, say envelope attack or release, or filter cutoff. Doesn't seem to be such a feature.

You have to show the browser. Click the "Auto" tab. Select MIDI automation. Pick a controller and drag and drop it on the parameter you want to control. For example if you have a Low Pass filter as a group insert fx click on "edit" just under "Preset". Now you will see your Cutoff and Resonance knobs. Click CC74 and while holding down your left mouse button drag and drop it onto the Cutoff knob. If you use CC71 for Resonance do the same for that. Filter and amp envelopes are under "Modulation". You can assign any controller you like to any knob.. For fx return amounts you are probably better off using "Send" effects as the "Insert" fx don't seem to have a "Return" control. You can limit the amounts with the "From" and "To" for each controller at the bottom left.
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by guillm
    Is there a MIDI learn function or similar so that I can assign, say CC#74 to a filter cutoff, or an unused CC# to an FX wet mix, or amp envelope attack....
    Right click on a knob, select external source > midi CC.
    A new line appears where you can set the CC# and other stuff.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Thanks, all.
    Got it now - tweakin like mad!

Go Back to forum