• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good Vibes

Share/Bookmark

Good Vibes

Anyone got some music prominently featuring the GPO vibraphones? I promised a demo to a friend, but I have not got a thing that will do the job without hours of work. Most of my compositions are all over the place, with chords that no vibraphonist would even think about in a nightmare! I searched and found nothing. If you have something suitable, would you please post a link that I can forward to my friend? He is quite a competent vibrphonist, having toured Europe with a well known band some years ago, and he is as picky about vibes as I am with pianos! He was impressed with GPO after listening to some of my piano and organ works, but wants a good vibraphone demo before deciding. Gary, if you happen to read this, he was wildly enthusiastic about the GPO organ after listening to my Galactic Organ and Thor.

Richard

Re: Good Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Anyone got some music prominently featuring the GPO vibraphones? I promised a demo to a friend, but I have not got a thing that will do the job without hours of work. Most of my compositions are all over the place, with chords that no vibraphonist would even think about in a nightmare! I searched and found nothing. If you have something suitable, would you please post a link that I can forward to my friend? He is quite a competent vibrphonist, having toured Europe with a well known band some years ago, and he is as picky about vibes as I am with pianos! He was impressed with GPO after listening to some of my piano and organ works, but wants a good vibraphone demo before deciding. Gary, if you happen to read this, he was wildly enthusiastic about the GPO organ after listening to my Galactic Organ and Thor.

Richard
    Richard,

I don't recall a demo with just vibraphone. You would think that with the over 1,000 demos submitted there would be a vibraphone demo. The closest I found was the audition where there was a mallet demo (under percussion): http://www.garritan.com/audition_hr/ Also on the Sibelius site there's a GPO mallets demo: http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...GPOMallets.mp3

Perhaps it's time to do a GPO Vibraphone demo.

Gary

Re: Good Vibes

How 'bout somebody covering some Lionel Hampton with the Benny Goodman quartet?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum