• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrum: Controller question?

Share/Bookmark

Smile Spectrum: Controller question?

Hi Eric,

Someone from my church just donated an M-audio Pro 88 workstation to my entourage (did I spell that right?).

I am grateful for every piece of gear that I get ,... as you probably know,..... but I just wanted to know from you guys,....... how you feel about how the M-Audio Pro 88,......... and how it fits in with RMX, Trilogy and Stylus as far as being a "good" or "not so good" controller.

My circumstances make my choices,... rather limited,..... but as you know, that's the way life goes!.....

It has lots of knobs and is semi weighted,... which I enjoy.

I've been using a TS-12 for my controller for 10 years, but man is it noisy. (like playing pots and pans in the studio!! squeekier that anything I've ever heard before!!!!)

So, I'm curious as to whether or not you think this M-Audio Pro-88 will help me, or hurt me in the long run;.....insofar as my utilization of the Spectrasonics Libraries! ( and others too nemerous to name ).....

Thanks Eric!!! Glen, and everyone else!!!!!!!

Blessings,
    Pat

Re: Spectrum: Controller question?

Hi! If it's the Keystation Pro, it's not bad. Triggering drum sounds with a keyboard is always a compromise IMHO, but it does work. Plus, you can assign the knobs and faders to control different functions in RMX, and that's kinda cool.

I am glad that you received one for free...not sure I would buy this one again. It's nice, and it does a lot for the price-point, but I would have been happier with less buttons and better feel.

Re: Spectrum: Controller question?

Thanks so much for your feedback!...... I kind of agree.... it doesn't have much of a feel to it,.... intuitive anyway.

But wouldn't it be neat if someone actually came out with an action that felt like a real piano...... Wow,..... is nice, but a true feel of a piano", now that would be something!!!!

PS......... Eric, anything at all to say on this?

Go Back to forum