• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    I'm trying to work my way through the instruments in JaBB and GPO one at a time to get a feel for them...

    So, I did Genzmer's 1st Guitar Sonate mvt 1...

    http://evensongmusic.net/audio/Genzm...rSonate1-1.mp3

    This is straight out of Finale 2006... I need to export to DAW and add finger slide noises and such, but it really sounds pretty good so far!

    Enjoy!

  2. #2

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Genzmer's always an interesting listen, Jonathan.

    I'm really surprised at some of the nuances you got out of this straight from Finale, though.

    I haven't had a chance to work yet at all with the JaBB guitar... perhaps you could elucidate a few pointers!

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Genzmer's always an interesting listen, Jonathan.

    I'm really surprised at some of the nuances you got out of this straight from Finale, though.

    I haven't had a chance to work yet at all with the JaBB guitar... perhaps you could elucidate a few pointers!
    Thanks for listening, David!

    Heh...

    just mark the score as usual....

    The slides are done using the tab slide tool from the Smart Shape menu...

    If there is enough interest, I can post a link to the Finale file

    Cheerio,

  4. #4
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Jon,
    You are fast becoming a GPO / JABB virtuoso. Your posts always have something interesting that is well rendered.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  5. #5

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Thanks for listening, David!

    Heh...

    just mark the score as usual....

    The slides are done using the tab slide tool from the Smart Shape menu...

    If there is enough interest, I can post a link to the Finale file

    Cheerio,
    I'm interested!

    But I think you beat me to the punch in my email... lol... thanks!

    Hey, I got alligators... may take me a while.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  6. #6

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Jon,
    You are fast becoming a GPO / JABB virtuoso. Your posts always have something interesting that is well rendered.
    Bill
    <blush>

    Thanks, Bill!

    I've been doing virtual stuff for YEARS now with organ and piano samples - the concepts are similar enough that I'm not having too much trouble learning the new licks. If you want REALLY expressive, pop over and hear the "Summertime" I just posted


  7. #7

    Question Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Thanks for listening, David!

    Heh...

    just mark the score as usual....

    The slides are done using the tab slide tool from the Smart Shape menu...

    If there is enough interest, I can post a link to the Finale file

    Cheerio,
    Jonathan, I missed this one. Interesting piece.

    By the way, I am now having a trouble with tab slide in Finale 2005b. The slide stops at half way of pitch.

    May I ask which version of Finale did you use for this?
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  8. #8

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jun Yamamoto
    Jonathan, I missed this one. Interesting piece.

    By the way, I am now having a trouble with tab slide in Finale 2005b. The slide stops at half way of pitch.

    May I ask which version of Finale did you use for this?
    Glad you liked it, Jun

    this was done in Finale 2006b

    Cheerio,

  9. #9

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    Glad you liked it, Jun

    this was done in Finale 2006b

    Cheerio,
    Jonathan, thank you for the information.

    My combination of Finale 2005b and GPO as well as 2006 demo version behave very strange in Tab Slide Tool.

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=47280

    As you use 2006b with no problem, I think now is the time to uninstall GPO and Finale all together and reinstall them.

    Life is sometimes like this...good grief.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: JaBB demo - Genzmer Guitar Sonate 1 mvt 1

    Very nice demo piece of the JABB and GPO. Very realistic sounding guitar sounds with your enhancements. I was hoping for an Alice Copper style ending, you know, like smashing the guitar onto the stage Oh not really

    Thanks for your excellent efforts.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •