• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and EW in Finale

Share/Bookmark

GPO and EW in Finale

Hey everyone!

Quick question for you.

I have GPO lite and i was wondering if it is at all possible to use East West Silver Edition with GPO Finale 06 if i were to buy the East West Silver Edition.

P.S. I'm not defecting over to them but i like them both so much that i want to use both haha.

Question Re: GPO and EW in Finale

Finale 2006 should be able of opening all Native Instrument based tools.
    I know about Kontakt 2 working very well.
    I suppose that Kompakt palyer would be similar, but sorry not certain 100%.
    Anyone other trial?

Re: GPO and EW in Finale

Although many Native Instrument based samplers will be seen by Finale 2006 and have limited operability, only GPO is integrated and optimized for Finale. What this means is that there won't be autoload with the other libraries, nor will there be Human Playback definitions, setting or menu items. We did much of the pioneering work and development for notation to work with samples. It may be a little while before the other sample companies catch up and eventually more sample libraries will be integrated with Finale and other notation programs.

Gary Garritan

So would i have to drag every single instrument from EW and drop them into the GPO folder or is it more complicated than that?

thanks for the replys.

You won't be able to drop them into the GPO folder and GPO integration will not work with other libraries. This is something that has to be specifically programmed with the library and then set up by Native Instruments and Finale. You should contact Finale and ask them how or if Finale can recognize other libraries and what the limitations are.

Gary Garritan

alright, i'm gonna ask then. thanks for the answers.

lol, Hint, Hint (since Joseph hasn't piped up) .....You can get all of that stuff (and a whole lot more) to work together in Overture 4......because Joseph made up the instrument definition files so that they would all work with Overture 4; EWQLSO, GPO, etc.

You might go check it out over at www.geniesoft.com

Tom

It should not be a problem to get non-GPO NI based sample libraries to work in Finale. Judging from my experience with Overture 3 SE, this is no more problematic in Finale than in Overture. The problem is Human Playback - a technology I believe Overture has not adopted. HP is optimized for GPO and the bundled soundfont.

Just to clarify...

Overture doesn't use proprietary playback scripting. We have an open format script that allows us to quickly program automatic articulation and dynamic functionality for any VST product on the market.

Overture works with any VST and we provide automatic playback for a lot of different things, GPO, Jazz & Big Band being only two of them.

I'll answer any questions that anyone may have about specifics privately as I have the precense of mind to avoid discussing competing software on the Garritan forum.

Quote Originally Posted by n3wman918
    Hey everyone!

Quick question for you.

I have GPO lite and i was wondering if it is at all possible to use East West Silver Edition with GPO Finale 06 if i were to buy the East West Silver Edition.

P.S. I'm not defecting over to them but i like them both so much that i want to use both haha.

what you could do is find the vst plug in that came with EW QL silver and copy it and paste into the fifnale vst pulg ins. With that said you can now run the library inside finale as a plug in. Much like you would in a sequencer. Thats what I do with all my native instrument stuff. It works pretty well too no complaints. And with this option you can also save the sounds as a .wav file on pc or a .aiff on mac. Although you will only get the expressions with garritan

Go Back to forum