• Register
  • Help

Topic: Studiologic VMK-88 or CME UF8

Share/Bookmark

Studiologic VMK-88 or CME UF8

SInce I do not have the oportunity to actually try these out before hand, can anyone tell me your opinions on what I should buy? I want to get the Garritan Stradivari to use with this and also use my Sampletekk Pianos. I am a little wary about CME products now. Where would one service if it needed it? Also, I have a Studiologic SL-161 and it feels cheap. Thanks everyone.

Re: Studiologic VMK-88 or CME UF8

Thanks for doing the search but I had already seen these. I guess my question is just too subjective. I have done a lot of internet searches and it seems that nobody really makes the ultimate yet at a good price. I think that I will just have to wait another year or so until the CME boards are better. Their price range (if it stays the same) sure is the best for what you get.

Yes, I agree

I have tried many (CME UF8, VMK-188, M-Audio...) but no one of them
    has the same quality and feel as for example Yamahas or Rolands top keyboards.

It's strange that Yamaha doesn't make a new KX88 version

Something like Yamaha P-250 * Korg Kontrol49 would be nice

Hi,

I have a CME UF8. As far as the feel of the keyboard, I like it, but this is obviously a personal choice. There are many folks that don't like the feel.

The main thing that has disappointed me with the CME is the quailty of the drivers other software that the company supplies. It seems to take a long time for them to fix problems with the drivers and, in my experience, they don't seem to throughly test them before release.

Quote Originally Posted by S-dahl
    Yes, I agree

I have tried many (CME UF8, VMK-188, M-Audio...) but no one of them
    has the same quality and feel as for example Yamahas or Rolands top keyboards.

It's strange that Yamaha doesn't make a new KX88 version

Something like Yamaha P-250 * Korg Kontrol49 would be nice
    I think you're right- a new KX88 would be perfect and Yamaha could use their wonderful balanced hammer action found in the Motif ES8 and Mo8. I own the latter so I'm not worried about controllers any longer but I do think Yamaha is missing the boat especially in light of how many composers use soft synths and non-sound producing controllers these days. If they release it for $899 (US) I think they'd have a hit on their hands.

I ended up getting a Kawai MP4 after trying out the CME and the Studiologic. I couldn't be happier, it's really a cut above the rest.

Has anyone tried some of the nice piano sample libraries with a Yamaha GranTouch?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it. It has been a confusing process trying to figure out what to get if anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by One Track Music
    I ended up getting a Kawai MP4 after trying out the CME and the Studiologic. I couldn't be happier, it's really a cut above the rest.
    That's a nice board mate! I tried one out recently in a music store. Merriam sells their Kawais for waaay too much though so I didn't even posit buying it and they are the only Kawai dealer in the GTA.

Go Back to forum