• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 runs & runs & runs

Share/Bookmark

GS3 runs & runs & runs

All the bad expierience which I learned in this forum, I did never had it!

But I use and used allways a own WindowsXP on the same PC especially installed for GS & other samplers, DAWs, notationprograms and so on.

I'm lucky with GS3.12

The most problems I had I got from installing and uninstalling demo software.
    So I use Partition Image from Acronis. Every weekend I backup my working WindowsXP and I reinstall the last working partition if problems arises.
    It costs me only have an hour a week and an external backup drive.

Try it...

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

GS3 runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs & runs

Jovan,

I too have been extremely lucky with GS3 and couldn’t agree with you more! But I use my DAW for everything but the kitchen sink, and most of the time running GS 3.12 simultaneously with multiple business and music apps at the same time. Heck, I’ve even started to keep my anti-virus running and internet connection running while using GS3, and still ZERO problems. I love it! It’s been rock solid and flawless. The only problem I ever had was when I increased the polyphony count in the middle of a session. It didn’t seem to like that, and went whacky for a while. But a simple reboot and all was fine.

RC

Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
    Intel D 830 3.0 GHz
    2GB Ram
    Raptor Primary HD
    2 Raptors Raid 0
    ATI Radeon X300
    RME Digiface

Re: GS3 runs & runs & runs

There are more streets leading to Rome as I thought.
    I'm very happy hearing a positive feedback regarding GS3.12, because I didn't got the same expierience. These guys must have really bad luck or doing something wrong.
    This forum is a "Klagemauer" (in German, I don't know in English).

the man with the blue guitar

Quote Originally Posted by jovan
    There are more streets leading to Rome as I thought.
    I'm very happy hearing a positive feedback regarding GS3.12, because I didn't got the same expierience. These guys must have really bad luck or doing something wrong.
    This forum is a "Klagemauer" (in German, I don't know in English).

I think the translation (if I remember my German) is "complaining wall."

Jovan, I too have had a near-flawless experience with GS3. Also, I wish I spoke German as good as you speak English.

GS3 was starting to get on my **** list. Certain apps would crash except for GS. Then the no brainer came upon me and realized that the Monitor File Activity was checked. And just to add to a moment of Giga retardedness it even say to uncheck it if you are having problems with other app.

Yes, a moment of Giga stupidity.

Count me in. I also have only rock solid experience with GS 3 .
    At the beginning when I bought it I had some problems but I narrowed ithem down very quickly. Since then no problems
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

A big feature that I wish other audio software had was aceesing certain functions before you boot the program. Sometimes the causes are a hangning VST plugin. At least with GS3 I can prevent certain mishaps.

Go Back to forum