• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need drum sample advice

Share/Bookmark

Need drum sample advice

I have BFD and Stylus RMX.

What drum sample library would you suggest for instant radio-ready type drums? I'm looking for single hits, preferably EXS24 compatible. These would be used in Pop/Rock songwriting demos.

Re: Need drum sample advice

Have you looked at the products from www.toontrack.com ? The original Drumkit From Hell library is still a good source for out-of-the-box drums and it's available for EXS.

They also have the new EZDrummer VSTi which has a BFD-type interface but with pre-processed drum samples. It's not shipping yet but should be available late April/early May. There are mp3 demos for both products at the website.

/Yoss

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Anyone else?

Most of the Wizoo drum samples are available in EXS24 format. The Hi Resolution Kits and Acoustic Individual Drums are fairly useful.
    Ben N. Moore

EZDrummer sounds incredible, it's easy to use and the price is right. I would check it out for sure!!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by musicjon
    I have BFD and Stylus RMX.

What drum sample library would you suggest for instant radio-ready type drums? I'm looking for single hits, preferably EXS24 compatible. These would be used in Pop/Rock songwriting demos.
    Larry Seyer Drums, without question. It's a virtual Pat Mastelotto. Only runs in GigaStudio format, but I'd be willing to bet there is going to be some kind of deal with GVI when that comes out...seems like an obvious thing to do.

I think LSD has gotten less buzz because GigaStudio tends to be thought of as more of a scoring/orchestral platform (and some people don't like the big-imprint design). But I have yet to hear anything that quite gets the kind of tone that Larry and Pat got out of those sessions. GigaPulse serves as virtual overheads/bleeds on that library, and the selection of rooms is great. There is a classic sound choice for just about every pop subgenre. So, the kit is not bound to any particular angle.

Go Back to forum