• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere: midi CC for patch change?

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere: midi CC for patch change?

Hello everyone,

I was curious if there was a quick an easy way to switch between atmosphere patches in Logic 7.1.1. I've seen the great midi CC mapping chart, though it does not have any CC for patch changes.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...tmos_midi.html

Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Atmosphere: midi CC for patch change?

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    Hello everyone,

I was curious if there was a quick an easy way to switch between atmosphere patches in Logic 7.1.1. I've seen the great midi CC mapping chart, though it does not have any CC for patch changes.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...tmos_midi.html

Am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for your help!
    I was just about to post this same thing! I'd really like to know if there's a way to do this. It's killing me to constantly flip between the mouse and my controller just to listen to patches. Anybody know if there's a way because it was not included in the MIDI chart that came with the instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Christian
    I was just about to post this same thing...
    Yeah, your post at the Logic forums inspired me

Nope....the patches load at different speed based on memory, so it's not as usable as you might imagine.

I figured there wasn't a way to map the patch selection to my controller...oh well. Maybe in a future update of Atmosphere and Trilogy???

We'll keep it in mind...thanks for the suggestion. :-)

That'd be an awesome feature I'd love to see someday! I own both Trilogy and Atmosphere and since getting them, I hardly touch my Logic instruments anymore. I'm just a big fan of having complete control of my instruments via MIDI controller. Helps with the creative flow. Thanks!

Or what would be great if Atmosphere would respond to the preset up and down commands in logic. My atmosphere loads very quickly because it's on a SATA RAID 0 drive inside my Macintosh G5

Quote Originally Posted by danielbailey
    Or what would be great if Atmosphere would respond to the preset up and down commands in logic. My atmosphere loads very quickly because it's on a SATA RAID 0 drive inside my Macintosh G5
    You can already kind of do this by saving the Presets you want from Atmosphere as Logic Plug-in presets....then the up/down commands in Logic will work.

Go Back to forum