• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI for a current GS3 Orchestra user..?

Share/Bookmark

GVI for a current GS3 Orchestra user..?

hi

I've been out of the "loop" for GS3 for a while - I see there is this new fangled VSTi version.

For someone who runs GS3 on a separate PC and mixes the output back into a host run on another PC, wouldn't this kind of make the whole "separate giga PC" thing a bit redundant ?

e.g. I could just run GVI in the host(s) on one PC and not bother with GS3

I mean, for just $50 upgrade price, it seems a bit of a nobrainer for GS3 Orchestra owners....

But I guess there would be resource issues running GVI & host on single PC (compared to my current setup)....especially as both PCs are P4 Northwoods and limited to 1 GB ram.

swayzak
    1. E8400 C2D, Asus P5K-E Wifi, , 4GB Corsair 8500 ram, rme MF, sw1000, plugstation, XP SP3, many hosts & plugins

2. E6600 C2D, Asus P5B Delux, 2 GB Corsair 5700, Audiophile 2496, XP SP3, Emu APS, many hosts & plugins

Re: GVI for a current GS3 Orchestra user..?

GVI is missing some features compared with GS3, so it would depend on whether or not you use those particular features. I don't............!

D

I'm thinking about the same thing...

I also use Giga 3 on a standalone setup but I rarely boot up the editor for my usual usage.

I think that the GVi has the quick edit page as well as iMidi and the gigapulse embedded stuff for libraries.

I think if the engine runs well , it makes more sense as far as integration withing a DAW environment to use the GVi than the full version.

I guess it all depends on your needs etc etc..

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    GVI is missing some features compared with GS3, so it would depend on whether or not you use those particular features. I don't............!

D
    Can you be more precise/specific, feature-wise?

Thanks!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Can you be more precise/specific, feature-wise?

Thanks!

Alan

What Daryl means is ( at least I think so ) that GVI lacks Gigapulse Pro and the
    editor.

So you can not edit the libraries at the deepest and you are also limited to the embedded gigapulse. Sure you could buy the Vst version but its also limited featurewise to the Pro edition.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Go Back to forum