• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: does this job exsist

Share/Bookmark

does this job exsist

I'm scoring a short film using GPO.

Right now I'm just sketching out some things since they are still filming, and then there will be a crunch week where they are finishing editing the film, and I will be scoring for "real".

So I am thinking of maybe hiring.. kindof a "virtual orchestrator"... Or more a "GPO massager". I'm doing all the orchestration, but I know I wont have much time to do all the fine massaging of passages etc. I dont think I will have the time to go over the score and fine tune alot.

So, is it possible to hire someone to do that part? How much would that cost?

Re: does this job exsist

Can I ask, how are you making your sketches? Sequencer or Notation program? This might have an impact on who would be able to work on it fluently in a week's time. How much music do you think there will be? Is it really dense orchestration or just small ensembles? If you are using a sequencer, it might be best to find someone who is using the same program so that the file transfer is easy and they will be fully familiar with the enviroment in which it was created. That said, things could also be transfered as midi file exported from any sequencer or notation I suppose but might take a little more time to set up. Also, do you know when this crunch week will be? If it all happens that quick (and I do understand that that's how it often goes) it would be good to give as much of a heads-up as possible to schedule free time for the project. I'd wouldnt mind taking such a project if you could give me a few answers to these questions. As far as cost, if everything else seems to align itself, we could discuss that privately via PM or telephone. There are a couple of demos of mine here using GPO. http://www.garritan.com/GPO-mp3-Hollywood.html They are toward the bottom of the page. I'll check back with you later. Good luck.

Eric

i work in sonar. So i think I can just export the entire project as a midi file for use in other sequencers if that is needed. So far everything is done as midi in sonar. I might be adding a singer and a flute (audio).. but i havent decided on that yet.

right now the orchestra is three GPO players
    gpo 1: violin 1, violin 2, viola, cello, bass.. all KS programs
    gpo 2: 3 clarinets, 3 oboes
    gpo 3: 3 flutes, contrabassoon, glockenspiel, timpani

Not a huge setup, a little fairy-tale'y orchestra

Everything has to be done in the first week of may. The type of work falls into the advertizing category i suspect. the entire film is 15 minutes. so i suspect everything from 7-10 minutes of music.

Here's some clips of previous another thingie i did entirely woth GPO:
    http://jorn.lavoll.no/fairytale/
    It's not the same project! This new one will have lots of the same humour, but the music will be more in the romantic tradition.. maybe

I'm gonna be out for the rest of the day probably but I'm sending you a PM. I'll check back with you this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoll
    I'm scoring a short film using GPO.

Right now I'm just sketching out some things since they are still filming, and then there will be a crunch week where they are finishing editing the film, and I will be scoring for "real".

So I am thinking of maybe hiring.. kindof a "virtual orchestrator"... Or more a "GPO massager". I'm doing all the orchestration, but I know I wont have much time to do all the fine massaging of passages etc. I dont think I will have the time to go over the score and fine tune alot.

So, is it possible to hire someone to do that part? How much would that cost?
    A GPO "Masseuse” ? LOL

There are a number of people who can fine tune your sketches. Much would depend on if you need orchestral arranging or mixing. One person to contact is DPDan who has polish[ed] peoples works into stellar productions. Dan is great for mixing. Eric and others also could help. As far as costs that will depend on what you need done and the masseuse you hire.

I urge members who are interested to contact lavoll. Good luck!

Gary Garitan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    One person to contact is DPDan who has polish peoples works into stellar productions.
    If you're looking for "Polish peoples," you could do worse to use a "Kowalski."
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    If you're looking for "Polish peoples," you could do worse to use a "Kowalski."
    Of course Jamie would be ideal for the Polish polish. (and let's not forget Busty Sosnowski)

Of course Jamie would be ideal for the Polish polish. (and let's not forget Busty Sosnowski)
    ROFL

<faints>

Oh Gary.... I needed a good laugh!

Of course Jamie would be ideal for the Polish polish. (and let's not forget the incredibly lugubrious Sosnowski)
    Kowalski and Sosnowski, the Polish Polish People... sounds like a shining idea for a mega-merger.

Why -- the very thought of it will send tremors throughout the janitorial industry.

Ever since that episode with the dancing penguins, though, please note that I do not do bureaus.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

He's the janitor but he owns the building...

heh, i think i need to hang out here more often to get these jokes.. or maybe it's just very late here and i should be in bed

Go Back to forum