• Register
  • Help

Topic: symphony no. 5 (1st movement)

Share/Bookmark

symphony no. 5 (1st movement)

this was probably my first piece to be "Garritanised". It was a challenge to try and keep some of the punchiness of the original Roland Orchestral module while improving the subtelty of the sound. Particularly as I can never make up my mind whether I like this piece in the first place. One or two others have found it interesting though so I decided to go ahead and post. Remainder will follow shortly.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?pid=777723&T=5724

Re: symphony no. 5 (1st movement)

An intriguing, subtly developing, powerful first movement, D.; confidentally
    built and skillfully brought forward in clear and contemporary voice, yet
    soundly rooted in the soil of the Romantic, to my hearing.

Bravo!

I look forward with pleasure and with anticipation to hearing this in the
    context of the symphony's entirety!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by dko22
    ...I can never make up my mind whether I like this piece in the first place.
    That had me chuckling... that's my relationship with everything I write.

Re: symphony no. 5 (1st movement)

thanks David -was just listening to your "Catherine in Winter" and find it very hard to believe, quite apart from its most considerable musical merits, that this was your first attempt with GPO! I don't even think it has too much reverb for the nature of the piece (well not much too much anyway).

By the way, a little quiz for anyone who has managed to reach the main timpani climax of this movement. It has been strongly influenced to the extent of being virtually unashamedly lifted from the 5th symphony of another composer. Does anyone know which one?

Go Back to forum