• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Divinity" - The real composer..

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation "Divinity" - The real composer..

I feel it's time the truth of who really wrote Divinity and why the person didn't post it himself. This beautiful piano piece was written by Robert Davis. See the similarity? Here's the gig. Since Robert was apprehensive about posting his work on this forum, his sister DANIELLE insisted she post for him. Robert agreed yet only with the stipulation that he would remain anonymous. It is my utmost intention to relinquish credit from Danielle so that everyone here knows Robert deserves and preserves credit for his work. A sister believing in her brother and excited about his work and talent wishes no one to be upset with her or her brother Robert.
    Enough said. Divinity is Robert Davis work and I for one am totally proud to know him and call him a dear friend!
    Robert, I am so happy you let me clear this up for you. Now you can go ahead and orchestrate Divinity, post it for everyone to savor and SEND ME A COPY!
    I pray all of you understand and welcome Robert Davis as one of our top composers as I have and will always.
    Styxx

Re: "Divinity" - The real composer..

Formally, then, a very warm and enthusiastic welcome to you, Robert Davis!

I'm sure every member of the forum will be pleased to make your acquaintance... and we most certainly look forward to more of your music!

As for understanding, Styxx... what's to understand? Heck, I was concerned initially about anonymity, myself. That Robert chose to work for a time under benefit of pseudonym is certainly nothing unusual, eh?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Congratulations Robert on a splendid piece,whether the music is attributed to Danielle, Yourself, or Anon. The important thing is that the piece came to be and now exists in the world. (And in quite a few hearts, on this forum)

I hope you will favour us with some more pieces.

regards Joe

Thank you both for bieng supportive. I'm not a very talktative person as I am sure people might have noticed. I usually need a bit of pushing and prodding.

I write so little in terms of long serious *atleast in the case of that piece* music as I do not find that to be fun to be honest. Only in rare cases does one come along that just writes itself. So I had a hard time departing with it by eliminating Danielle and finally broke down to allow Styxx to tell the story.

Thanks Styxx for being a friend over the years and doing this for me.
    Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile
    Thank you both for being supportive. I'm not a very talktative person as I am sure people might have noticed. I usually need a bit of pushing and prodding.

I write so little in terms of long serious *at least in the case of that piece* music as I do not find that to be fun to be honest. Only in rare cases does one come along that just writes itself. So I had a hard time departing with it by eliminating Danielle and finally broke down to allow Styxx to tell the story.

Thanks Styxx for being a friend over the years and doing this for me.
    Wow. What a story. Regardless, people need to know about it. I admit that for a long time I didn't "get it", regarding the authorship, now I've gone through and re-read all the posts associated, and all I can say is: Robert, is can we see more?

I'd love to see the score or the original MIDI file. <SIGH>

http://www.twinzzapstudio21.com/Demo...s/Divinity.mp3

Steve

I downloaded divinity & memories of father some time ago ... they are both favourites on my ipod! Did Robert also write memories of father? that piece is particularly brilliant

Any music demo listed, as D.N. Davis prior to this post is all Roberts work posted for the same reasons stated above. Robert has won my deepest admiration as not only a highly capable intelligent composer but as a good friend. Divinity has to be one of if not THE most clever piano piece on this forum. I play it just about every day and always find something new and uplifting about it.
    Now, if we can only get him to try to top Divinity!
    Styxx

Without fail, whenever I listen to this work, I feel a tightness form in my chest, my breathing starts to become slightly labored, and my eyes get misty, and I just have to listen over and over. The irrepressible longing, never-ceasing.

I've had a fantasy for years about orchestrating this work a la Debussy for small orchestra, w/harp, lotsa pizzicato, very-light high-strings, etc.

Alas, my hands just can't do the keyboard anymore, and it makes me even more teary-eyed.

I really want this work to be known, and it's FRUSTRATING that I can do NOTHING to get it out there.

http://www.twinzzapstudio21.com/Demo...s/Divinity.mp3

Stevemitchell

Hi Robert... and again welcome. Your music is wonderful; you have a true gift that should be shared with others... We are here to listen and encourage... Hope to hear more from you soon...

Sincerely,
    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

It took ages to get it on my system, but very worthwhile waiting!!!
    I don't know about aliases, but this "unknown" composer should be honoured.
    BTW, nice sound of the GPO Steinway? Congratulations!!

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast