• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick question about RAM advice needed

Share/Bookmark

Quick question about RAM advice needed

I am using GPO on a 1.5ghz mac powerbook G4 which has 1.5g Ram. I want to improve the performance of GPO in Sibelius and logic. I typically want to run about 20 - 30 instruments with a couple of effects. At the moment my computer occasionally tells me that my disk is not fast enough. I cannot upgrade the CPU in this computer but would increasing the ram to 2G make much difference to performance. Critically, would the difference be worth the money (approx £100) or would it be more worthwhile to upgrade in other areas. (Of course I'd love to upgrade to a new computer, but lets be realistic!!!) Also, I posted a message here about a week ago and everybody ignored me, did I say something wrong!!!!! I know my questions are probably stupid to some guys.. I’m feeling my way here.

Anyway, any advice would be great

Martin

Re: Quick question about RAM advice needed

Also, I posted a message here about a week ago and everybody ignored me, did I say something wrong!!!!! I know my questions are probably stupid to some guys.. I’m feeling my way here.
    I would say the ram is definitely a good thing to increase. I had problems with my PC at 2.66 ghz and 1 gig ram so I increased ram to 2 gigs and experienced a enormous difference in how I can use GPO. However, the issue with processor speed still remains with me. I too wish I could purchase a more powerful processor but like you it's out of the question. Try the ram I believe you will not regret it. As far as your processor speed ...
    Hope I've help even in the least.
    By the way, sorry if the forum seemed to ignore your first post. There are times when people get real busy with their own projects and may not have time to even read. Again, on behalf of all of us here I apologize.
    AND! The only STUPID question is the one that's never asked!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum