• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Capturing a War" - Video from Sai Kit Tang

Share/Bookmark

"Capturing a War" - Video from Sai Kit Tang

Sai "Kit" Tang has just sent in a video he did for a school project.

Here's the link to the video:
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/KIT-Capture _a_War.swf

And here is a link to the mp3:
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/KIT-Capture _a_War.mp3

This video is a slideshow of pictures from Time.com portraying the war in Iraq. Kit writes: "My music is representing how bad the war casuse to human....especially children." The last scene shows one man's stand.

Originally from Hong Kong, Kit lives and studies music in Canada and will soon be attending recording school. "I am still a beginner" writes Kit, "Before I bought the Garritan personal orchestra, I've never tried to compose orchestra music."

Thanks Kit for sending this video. Your music is extraordinary and well done. It is hard to believe you are just starting out.

Gary Garritan

Re: "Capturing a War" - Video from Sai Kit Tang

His music is very nice but the visuals are very depressing.

Americans don't need to be reminded about the horrors of war. Putting our president's picture in among the shocking scenes was not appreciated by me.

Larry G. Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I agree with Larry. I liked the music, but I could have done with just an mp3..

Gorgeous score, beautifully done, and deeply moving.

I DISAGREE STRENUOUSLY WITH MY COLLEAGUES ABOVE.

This kind of graphic, ugly, devestating material needs to be
    shoved down the throats of every American, and every single
    citizen of this planet, over and over and over and over... until
    all of us understand the true horror of the crimes we daily
    commit -- against ourselves.

Thank you for this, Kit.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by EricGillette
    I agree with Larry. I liked the music, but I could have done with just an mp3..
    I just posted an mp3 link and made the video a link for those who just want to hear the music.

Gary Garritan

it was nicely put together although I doubt the title appropriately captures the content. The images covered a number of wars, including some with no relation to the U.S. at all. Had the images all been uniquely of the war in Iraq then George W. Bush's image would have been understandable. As it was, it was sort of gratuitous. Although I can't say I find the inclusion of his image offensive to any degree, I find it irrelevant to the particular discourse in the sequence of images.
    The music was very sweet/sad. it certainly accompanied the images very well. I particularly liked how he highlighted the explosions in the brief video clip section.

Although I liked the music on it's own...I felt it was a little too uplifting & heroic for the imagery.... especially the symbol crash hits timed with explosion..(a bit gratuitous)

Still, I'm uncertain of the direction/message... It begins with American troupes, then cut's to images of despair, then to the president.. ???

As a visual artist, I would have done this completely different.

...nice job on the music though.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Gorgeous score, beautifully done, and deeply moving.

I DISAGREE STRENUOUSLY WITH MY COLLEAGUES ABOVE.

This kind of graphic, ugly, devestating material needs to be
    shoved down the throats of every American, and every single
    citizen of this planet, over and over and over and over... until
    all of us understand the true horror of the crimes we daily
    commit -- against ourselves.

Thank you for this, Kit.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    I don't need to have ANYTHING shoved down MY throat, especially this type of left-wing, Bush-bashing, America-hating crapola with an obvious political slant. His title is "Capture A War" (singular) but it shows scenes from multiple wars as pointed out by the message above. What the hell does President Bush have to do with these OTHER wars?

If you think that this kind of thing is OK, then you and I truly have absolutely nothing in common...at least politically.

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

This video is a slideshow of pictures from Time.com portraying the war in Iraq. Kit writes: "My music is representing how bad the war casuse to human....especially children." The last scene shows one man's stand.
    actually, I just watched it again, and there are evidently images that are not related in any way or form to the war in Iraq (notably the Tiananmen Square video). Maybe this video would be better left to Kit's teachers and we could have only the music on this forum to avoid any further political imbroglios.

Yeeks....

I'm not a moderator here, but I'd think mebbe political stuff might be best left off a music list (!)

I think we can all agree war is bad, and avoiding it at all costs is good...

As for the video.... I shut it off after a few moments - not because I don't think I need to be aware of the horror of war, but because (as another has mentioned) it broadened to include other wars besides Iraq...

I don't always agree with my country (right now would be an example, and I'm a life-long Republican!) but I try to keep politics off of boards like this - it only divides foks and takes our focus off of music.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast