• Register
  • Help

Topic: Noise in Finale/Garritan Studio

Share/Bookmark

Question Noise in Finale/Garritan Studio

Currently I am writing on Finale (2005b) with Garritan Studio. From time to time, some kind of cluster of sounds (mainly GPO percussions, I guess) come up. It sounds when I switch from note tool to other tools, vice versa. At the beginning of MIDI playback and at the end of it, also such cluster of sound pop up.

It is not desirable. Actually the sound overlaps with the playback of the tune, so that I cannot hear the beginning and ending of the playback.

Any hints for the solution will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Re: Noise in Finale/Garritan Studio

Jun, possibly a ghost track is in there with percussion on it? How about your midi channels are there two instruments on the same midi channel in one of the tracks?
    Styxx

Question Re: Noise in Finale/Garritan Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Jun, possibly a ghost track is in there with percussion on it? How about your midi channels are there two instruments on the same midi channel in one of the tracks?
    Thank you, Styxx.

Yes. You are right. I had a few percussion tracks which were muted and assigned to the same MIDI channel.

So that I have assigned different instruments to the staffs and unused MIDI channels (53-59) to them.

But still the program sounds "bang!" everytime I click something.

I agree the percussions are suspicious but the common MIDI channel does not seem the cause. Also, no percussion instance are loaded to Garritan Studio.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Go Back to forum