• Register
  • Help

Topic: silent channels

Share/Bookmark

silent channels

Probably not a problem for most.

I use a single dedicated PC for my work. Giga 2.5, Cubase and Wavelab on one, 3.o orchestra, SX3 and Wavelab on the other ( this is the new replacement machine I am phasing in). Both do this:

Place an instrument on channel one - the virtual keyboard plays the notes and the midi keyboard plays the notes, as it should be.

Place a second instument on channel two - the virtual instrument plays the notes, the midi keyboard does not.

Is there some setting I am overlooking, or unselected by accident?

One step further, in opening the sequencer and assigning the channels, the midi keyboard plays any of the instruments as it should.

Easy button? Magic wand? Bogus focus?

jamiha

Re: silent channels

Everything seems to be running fine. To play Giga Channel 2 directly from the keyboard, you must re-direct the keyboard to output to Channel 2. Hopefully, your MIDI keyboard's manual covers the topic.

-JF

Re: silent channels

Thanks Jon,

Didn't mention that this keyboard is an M-Audio keystation. I' m trying it because of its mod wheel and semi-weighted keys. My older keyboard is a Roland 100, no wheels. Since I'm writing orchestral stuff on a lot of tracks, I guess I can continue to load instruments using the virtual keyboard.

I'm fiddling around with Overature 4, trying decide to compose in a notation program, or my usual sequencing program, and looking for ways to do it simply.

Thanks again for the usual speedy "here's the answer to the question you were gonna ask" reply. HEEEEEEEER"s Jon-y!

jamiha

Go Back to forum