• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Just Strings" (one and two)

Share/Bookmark

"Just Strings" (one and two)

All of y'all,

Here are two of my all-string works, "Just Strings", and duh, "Just Strings Two". (Does anyone want to nominate me for the "creativity in naming music compositions" award?)

I used GPO samples exclusively with both compositions.

Stringing you along,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Just Strings" (one and two)

Fine job on these, Larry; I especially liked #2.

Your inventiveness with titles never ceases to amaze, of course!

To my ear, Larry, I think maybe I would consider somewhat dryer mix, which would impart more clarity to the lines.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks for listening.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I wanted to listen to these, and for some reason my player won't open them up. Damn! It just sits there saying that it is connecting! Man, I've got to get to the bottom of this! Sorry.

Char.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    All of y'all,

Here are two of my all-string works, "Just Strings", and duh, "Just Strings Two". (Does anyone want to nominate me for the "creativity in naming music compositions" award?)

Stringing you along,

LGA

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzo
    I wanted to listen to these, and for some reason my player won't open them up. Damn! It just sits there saying that it is connecting! Man, I've got to get to the bottom of this! Sorry.

Char.
    All of the present-day players will work. These are standard mp3s. Have you tried Windows Media Player?

Perhaps you are too impatient. It takes a short time for the music to start "streaming" from my site.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi,

I will go try again, but I don't 'think' it's me and being impatient. I'm using WMPlayer, so it should play them. I'm still trying to determine what the problem might be, because I can't just 'play' any pieces on Acid Planet either, but they're WMA.

Char.

All of the present-day players will work. These are standard mp3s. Have you tried Windows Media Player?

Perhaps you are too impatient. It takes a short time for the music to start "streaming" from my site.

Larry A.

Hi,

I just managed to right click and hit 'save as', to be able to listen to these, but I have to ask, is the first one supposed to be only 6 seconds long???? It seems like a dumb question, but with all the kidding around that some times goes on, and the fact that I sang a Barber song once, that was 30 seconds long, I really feel the need to ask. I liked the almost skipping nature of the second piece. That's probably not quite the right words. I don't mean it as in a record skipping. Are you the person who likes to alternate back and forth between two chords? I heard it again in this piece, and kind of like it. I don't know if I've ever heard that before. At least not quite like this. It gives the piece a certain feel, but I can't quite find the words to describe what I'm trying to say. Do you know what I mean???

Char.

All of y'all,

Stringing you along,

LGA

No, I'm afraid that I don't know what you mean. "Just Strings Two" is written in 12/8 which could account for the "skipping" feel. (?) There is also a strong sensation of dotted eighth followed by sixteenth.

"Just Strings" is 01:43 in length and "Just Strings Two" is over three minutes.

I think that you are obviously having some issues with your mp3 player.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Okay. I wondered if that was the case. For some reason, the second one played fine. I deleted and downloaded the first one three times too.

I'm not sure what it is either. I'll have to go back and try to listen to it again, to see if I can figure out what I'm hearing, but I'm referring to an overall feel, and not just the notes you used. I'm sure the meter had something to do with it.

Char.

No, I'm afraid that I don't know what you mean. "Just Strings Two" is written in 12/8 which could account for the "skipping" feel. (?) There is also a strong sensation of dotted eighth followed by sixteenth.

"Just Strings" is 01:43 in length and "Just Strings Two" is over three minutes.

I think that you are obviously having some issues with your mp3 player.

Larry A.

Hi,

Nice ones Larry! I am never able to find title for any of my songs ;p so np!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast