• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile 2496

Share/Bookmark

Question Audiophile 2496

Hi,

I am going to buy an Audiophile 2496 soon, upgrading from an Audigy. I was, however, wondering how you connect a control keyboard to this card. I'm used to connecting my Evolution MK149 to the 15 pin gameport.

The Audiophile seems to have a 9 pin connector, which I haven't seen before. Can I get a cable that will link this to the Midi Out on my keyboard?

I know the Audiophile doesn't have an onboard synth but I want to play my keyboard through VSTs.

Thanks
    Rob

Re: Audiophile 2496

You will still be able to play your VST through your Audigy game port, all you have to do is select that port in your sequencer or your VST if you don't use a sequencer, no problem at all...To do this you have to go in your sequencer/VST devise manager and select your Audigy as midi input.

You could also buy an ordinary midi cable to use with your 2496 witch has a 5 midi in/out connector cable not 9, but you wont have to.

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but I'm not sure I follow.

I'm completely getting rid of the audigy and replacing it with the audiophile. Are you saying I can still pulg the keyboard into the gameport? I didn't realise the audiophile worked with the gameport.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984
    Sorry if I'm being dumb, but I'm not sure I follow.

I'm completely getting rid of the audigy and replacing it with the audiophile. Are you saying I can still pulg the keyboard into the gameport? I didn't realise the audiophile worked with the gameport.

Don't worry, I'm dumb too. If you're getting rid of your Audigy you will have to buy a regular (5 pin) midi cable. The 9 pin midi cable you see on the picture is part of the 2496 and has to be connected to your card, it comes with the 2496. The midi 1/0(on the picture) is where you will have to pluge your new midi cable(same type of connector you get with your MK-149).

Don't worry, just buy a regular midi cable with your 2496 and you're set. I own the MK-149 and the 2496 too BTW.

Geronimo

So, just to clarify, all I need to do is get myself a male-male MIDI cable like the one below, plug one end into the MIDI out on the keyboard, and the other in the MIDI in on the cable that comes with the audiophile. Right?

And I can leave the other three connections dangling and that'd be no problem?

http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/Din5-MM_LR.jpg

Thanks for your help btw!

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984
    So, just to clarify, all I need to do is get myself a male-male MIDI cable like the one below, plug one end into the MIDI out on the keyboard, and the other in the MIDI in on the cable that comes with the audiophile. Right?

And I can leave the other three connections dangling and that'd be no problem?

http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/Din5-MM_LR.jpg

Thanks for your help btw!
    That's it!

Go Back to forum