• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know why ?

Share/Bookmark

Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know why ?

It's an issue i havent been able to solve for lot of months. Sometimes when i reload a cubase SX project, some instruments just dont play i'm forced to reload them one by one , it's pretty annoying !
    At first i thought it was a ram problem ( 512 mb.. ) so i bought 1,5 gb of ram, i tried again to reload that project and bam! still the same problem ! Forced to reload one by one the instruments that suddently dont want to play.
    It often happens on very very full project ( lot of tracks, and instruments loaded )

I hope someone can help me

Bye bye

Re: Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know w

BTW, What version of SX are you using. I had similar problems with SX2 before the latest patches. But it seems to have worked itself out. I wonder if it is a version problem???

Zoe

Re: Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know w

Quote Originally Posted by zendik
    BTW, What version of SX are you using. I had similar problems with SX2 before the latest patches. But it seems to have worked itself out. I wonder if it is a version problem???

Zoe
    I have SX 3 , on windows XP service pack 2.

Before i used Cubase VST 5.1 and i had similar problems.

A little up to this post because this problem is soooooooooo annoying !!!

I started to compose another piece yesterday, it only lasts 30 s , when i tried to continue it today i had the same problem described in my initial topic, instruments that suddenly dont want to play . I noticed some things, it seems the volume/pan/ in EWQLSO vst instruments ( like stormdrum, or symphonic orchestra) are not saved when this "instruments stop playing" bug appears , so the volume is without any reasons set to -00 DB ( - infinite ) and the pan is 100L. ( But even if i re-set the volume to 0 db , and the pan to C there's still not sound coming from the VST instrument )

Isnt that annoying ? i spend time to tweak the volume, pan of each instruments and a stupid bug forces me to reload all the instruments one by one, and i lose an incredible amount of time by reloading each instruments and by re-tweaking the volume/pan .

Please i hope i'm not the only one to have this problem

Thank you !!!

I can not help you but it sounds very familiar whit Cubase SE + EWQLSO.

My setup has change since then and i don't use EWSO that mutch, problem solve. Sorry!

Maybe this is not the help you seek, but maybe try rendering the instruments that don't want to play as wav files and see how far you get...

Re: Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know why ?

I use ewqlso and stormdrum quite a bit, but I primarily use Sonar 5 PE and do not have the above mentioned problems. I wish I could help you, but I no longer use or own Steinberg products - and never will again.

I doubt it's ewqlso or stormdrum - it has to be a problem with cubase.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Maybe this is not the help you seek, but maybe try rendering the instruments that don't want to play as wav files and see how far you get...
    good idea but unfortunately the "freeze" fonction of Cubase SX isnt very good, because it renders too fast and so i had lot of gaps in the final rendering.

I'll try Sonar , is there a demo version somewhere ?
    If it works with Sonar i'll be sooo happy, and wont ever come back to Cubase :d

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter
    good idea but unfortunately the "freeze" fonction of Cubase SX isnt very good, because it renders too fast and so i had lot of gaps in the final rendering.

I'll try Sonar , is there a demo version somewhere ?
    If it works with Sonar i'll be sooo happy, and wont ever come back to Cubase :d
    John, can you leave your computer on and let it sleep? Some people never turn off there computers.

Rick

Re: Issues with EWQLSO, Halion, Stormdrum.. instruments that stop playing, you know why ?

John,

Although there are a few tiny annoyances with Sonar's freeze function as it relates to certain soft synths (save yout work before you try the freeze option - once in a while it can crash to windows without warning), overall, the freeze function is a godsend and, as far as I can tell, flawless in audio quality. It renders very quickly on my system - never had to wait more than a few minutes on any one track I have done (under 8 minutes in length - I am sure hour long tracks may take a while if you ever have the need to create one). Overall, my favorite and most used feature in Sonar 5 PE due to all the vst instruments I use.

Mike

Go Back to forum